Menu highlight problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Menu highlight problem

Postby lisabel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 am

hallo,
i've been working with PSG for a while now, but am still in the process of learning things, and i must thank this great forum for all the valuable help. I cannot dedicate much time to this unfortunately so i proceed slowly...anyway i managed to create 3 shows, which i burnt on one DVD with custom menu. All worked smoothly, video rendered fine, and i am pretty much satisfied with the results.
Only problem i see (and i did a couple tries already but cannot fix) is that the menu highlight (yellow frame and 'play all' highlighted text) is shifted from the correspondant thumbnail and 'play all' caption, like 1cm. Its nothing vital (as i can still hit the remote correctly and choose the right thumbnail) but it doesnt look good at all.
i searched the forum and i found a couple of old posts with the same problems, but i didnt understand if there is a solution to this. Someone mentioned about a dvd player problem, its seem some have this problem some don't...but i recently burnt another video project created with TmpgEnc and thumbnail and highlight frame were aligned correctly on same dvd player.
i use ProShowGold version 4, 16:9 menu format (on 16:9 tv).
Thanks in advance,

Isabella

Re: Menu highlight problem

Postby lisabel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:14 pm

P.S. I tried the same DVD on another player and it worked fine. Executable also works fine. So it seems down to the DVD player, checked the player setup and finally managed to find a proper video setting. When set to Wide (opposed to Letterbox or Panbox) highlight frames are correctly aligned on the menu :-)
Sorry I was so dumb!
Now i can play away with Proshow, so happy with it!!
Thanks for all the tips
bye for now
Isa

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting