Rendering texture effect for Apple

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Rendering texture effect for Apple

Postby Galaxy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Help! Am trying to create an output video file to be viewed on Apple. I have tried MPEG1, Quicktime with various settings. Each time it gets stuck while rendering a slide with a textured effect. I don't know what else to do, ideas/ solution anyone? Am fairly new to this, so a step by step guide to to the maze of settings would be appreciated.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Rendering texture effect for Apple

Postby DickK » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:57 pm

What version of the software are you using?

Try substituting something else for whatever image you think is causing the problem and render again to be sure that's what the issue is.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Galaxy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 am

Hi Dick, thanks for the quick reply. Am using Gold 4. Eliminated the slide being the issue, changed the effect, changed the location, removed it. It seems to stick at between 51-55% every time. Have tried with MPEG 1 and Quicktime, no joy.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:22 am

Okay then it's not that image/slide. The most common cause of rendering failure is an audio file -- images can do it but much less common. To test that, remove all the audio, save it under a new name an render that. If it works then work backwards through the original taking out the audio items one at time and rendering an EXE each time. With luck, it will start working and that tells you that the one you just removed is the problem.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Galaxy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 am

Removed audio (was only one track anyway) still froze halfway, tried to cancel, whole thing crashed. It did succeed and save half of it, but was not widescreen despite my selection. Tried again, same thing, froze trying to cancel. This was not a problem before. Got back in, created a pc exe with no probs, but no use foe Apple viewing. Are my settings correct?
Quicktime
Apple animation
640x480
16:9

I think maybe re-installing is the option now, unless you can suggest anything else? Thanks for the ideas so far, anything is worth a try.

Postby Galaxy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Problem solved with upgrade to PS5! I can now create Quicktime videos, but they are HUGE files! I guess it's more trial and error now to produce an acceptable size for Apple viewers to approve before i burn to dvd. Many thanks for your attempt to help with this, much appreciated.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting