Burning Issues

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Burning Issues

Postby richphillips » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:19 am

Hi, I hope someone can help me??? I've been using PSG for many years and have never had any problems with it until now... Towards the latter part of last year i created a wedding slideshow and during the rendering process my PC shut down and have been in regular contact with photodex support but am still unable to resolve the issue. Now I am unable to burn a 4 minute show containing 30 images and 1 MP3 audio track.

If it's any use I have 2 hard drives on my pc , the C: drive that PSG is on has 1.04gb of free space and the I: drive has 98.2gb of free space. Would I be able to install it on the other drive?

I look forward to any assistance.

Richard.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Burning Issues

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:47 am

Richard,
As you are suspecting, 1 gig of free space on your system drive is not good. In fact, once you get over 80% full, the drive overall efficiency starts to fall. I would see if I could clear some space off the C Drive. You could very well be running out of temporary disk space thus causing a failure. Windows like nice empty contiguous blocks of free space. Try that first.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby richphillips » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:53 am

Hi Vernon, thanks for the reply. I have complete a disk cleanup, defragment and moved some files but have only got the drive to 1.69gb free space.

Thanks Richard.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 am

Sometimes the registry gets messed up. What I would recommend is a second step ts to go into systems in the control panel. From there delete your DVD rom drive. Windows will reinstall the drive and also the registry settings when you reboot.

Regards
Vernon

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 am

You didn't say what the capacities of your hard drives are but I would suggest you go through all the files on both your drives and evaluate what files you wish to keep and which files can be deleted. The files you want to keep could be moved to a portable hard drive and/or burned to a DVD disc for long-term storage.

Hopefully . . . after you have also completed a good defraging and registry clean-up your hard drives should return to some form of good operation once again.

Good luck :wink:

Dan

Postby richphillips » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 am

I am still trying to figure this out... Vernon as you suggested I delted the dvd rom drive and rebooted but still no joy, I have also created the ISO image file and tried burning using IMGBURN but to no avail.

Pilot Dan I have completed a defraging and registry clean up but still I am left with 1.69gb of free space. The disk drive capacities are 34gb for C drive and 141gb for I drive, I have been through all program files on C and calculated a total of 18gb being stored, so where the hell is the rest?

I am about to launch my PC out the window very soon, so please someone shed some light on this.

Rich.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 am

You don't say what "no avail" means when trying with Imgburn - if it can't burn, it should give you an error message of some sort. As far as 18 gigs used, but most of 34 gigs "occupied", there are a number of things that take up disk space that don't show up when you are calculating what is being used - the swap file, restore points are typically hidden etc. Less than 2 gigs free is definitely too small (did I just say that - I remember when 1.2 MEG double sided double density 8" floppies were HUGE !! :roll: ). There are also some utilities out there that allow you to resize partitions (in this case, slide D out a bit and add that on to C for example), but unless you have worked with them before AND have a good backup of your system (which you should have anyway) I would not suggest experimenting along those lines.

When you tried to do a show via Imgburn, what was the problem ?
Did the ISO get created OK ?
Did Imgburn fail to burn the disk with an error of some sort ? "no avail" makes it a bit tough to help find the problem :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting