YouTube Question

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

YouTube Question

Postby Barnum » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:48 pm

I just uploaded a short show to YouTube, and the message said the upload was successful. I cannot however locate the video on YouTube. Is there period of time before it appears?

Re: YouTube Question

Postby debngar » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 pm

The amount of people/traffic uploading to YT while you're uploading can dictate how long it takes to process and show up. I'm guessing that less traffic seems to cause it to show up sooner.

Once it's completed uploading it can take a while to finish processing and appear with the thumbnail in the channel. If the thumbnail never appears after a reasonable period of time, I would delete that upload and try uploading that same rendered avi file again.

The show should be listed in your channel/account. Sometimes uploads fail even though it says it was successful. I never upload directly through the program any more which seems to helped me avoid excessive problems with the procedure. Instead, I render by choosing YT output but save to computer (choice in lower left corner) which produces an avi file at the quality of my choice. Once the file is rendered, I find my YT channel, "upload" from there, selecting the rendered avi show file located on my computer.
Last edited by debngar on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:41 pm

I cannot find where it says to "save to my computer"....sorry, guess I am pain.

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Latest message: The procedusrre entry pont_dialogue modal@16 could not be located in the dynamic link
library 1f.dnt.

What is this now? I am ready to scream. I saved show hit upload to Youtube and four hours later I am still getting different messages. The show is only 21 slides long and all I wanted to do was send it to someone tonight. I give up...

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:38 am

Finally got this uploaded thanks to a "How to upload slideshow to Youtube" slide show on Google (Pixalo Photography Community). Now I see the show under my name but when I search for it, it does not come up. Yet other shows uploaded a few minutes ago do....? Is there something I need to do to make this come up for others to see? I chose the public option under edit.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:47 am

Give us the exact name of the show, and let's see if we can find it by searching. That said, if you know the URL for the show, that should be enough to give people the link to it so they can watch.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:33 pm

This is the URL, and as I said it shows up under "my videos" in profile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yElAD10GpEA

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Are you having people search for your channel or for the video's title? If I do a search on your YouTube user name, I find your video immediately, but I could probably never find it under the name of "Thanks" because it's way too general.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:05 pm

But when I type Thanks.wmv into the search screen I can bring up uploads from an hour ago to days ago, and now where is mine included? Guess I need to change the name, but not sure that's possible.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:20 pm

I don't know if you can change the name, but regardless, I'm wondering why you want the video found during a general search. Why not just supply people with the link?

Barbara

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:37 pm

It is possible to change the name of shows uploaded to YouTube. Just click on the "Edit" button when viewing the page the show is located on.

Mike

Esteemed Member

Postby Barnum » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks for all your help. Just thought perhaps others searching under the topic might find my website as a result...that's all. Happy New Year.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting