Loop on timeline (live presentation)

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Loop on timeline (live presentation)

Postby misternils » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:34 am

I know you can loop when you make an EXE, but I am wanting to loop in fullscreen playback. Is there a way to do this? I am not talking about clip looping, but looping of the entire sequence.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Loop on timeline (live presentation)

Postby DickK » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:43 am

Sure, just make sure the "Loop all" button is included on the menu and that's what the DVD will do. It won't be seamless because it has to reset and restart the play be it will play the show(s) again.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby misternils » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 pm

I don't want to make a dvd, or export it in any way, I just want to play it straight from the editing timeline (enter full screen, playshow).

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:15 am

Then as far as I know there's no way to make it loop.

To get what you want though all you need to do is render it to an EXE with it set for full screen, resolution to match the screen setting and include the "Loop all" button. Play that and you're there.

Assuming that's what your doing, it's not the best idea to use the preview mode for actually viewing the show. Unless you set the preview resolution to match the screen, you're not seeing it at its best and by having the machine do the rendering on-the-fly you may, depending on the power of the machine, introduce some issues if it can't keep the frame rate up high enough.

I think the best approach is the EXE for both quality of the playback and the ability to loop it.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting