Almost done - song fade issue

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Almost done - song fade issue

Postby rrogers44 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Hello, I am almost done with my marathon project.

I have one last puzzling issue. Each of my shows contains about 10 seconds of fade for the last song. But when I combine these shows into a project and burn to Bluray, I never hear the fade in the song, it just cuts off at the end of each show. When I preview the shows individually in Proshow, they sound fine with the proper amount of fade.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Almost done - song fade issue

Postby DickK » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Not sure I understand what's going on but if this

...it just cuts off at the end of each show...

is literally true, then I think it's behaving like it should. Even if an audio file length would extend beyond the end of the last slide the playback will stop with the last slide--the rendering will stop once there's no video to render so there won't be audio either.

If that's what is going on then you just need to extend the time for the last slide or add a slide at the end--it can be blank--with enough on screen time to let the audio complete.

If I misunderstood you, just see if you can clarify and we'll try again.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby rrogers44 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:52 am

Hi Dick,

What I mean is that when I preview the show, the song fades slowly and the last blank slide occurs about the same time as the music has faded out completely.

When I output the show (DVD or MPG so far), the music never fades. It continues at full volume until the show ends and then cuts off abruptly.

Thanks,

Rich

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:52 am

I have not seen that.

All I can suggest is that you experiment with the timing of the last few slides--extend it a bunch and see what happens. I'd use an EXE as the output because that's quick. I'd also try putting a different audio file at the end and see what happens.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby rrogers44 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:13 am

Hi Dick,

As usual, it is operator error. In my old program, the song truncated at the end of the images. So if you applied a fade, the fade would be from the truncation. In Proshow, it appears the fade is at the end of the song, not the truncation.

So I simply clicked "stop playback here" and then faded. That worked fine.

I must have imagined that it was fading in preview mode.

Thanks for your help,

Rich

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting