DVD never renders

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

DVD never renders

Postby rrogers44 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:17 pm

I am trying to burn a DVD. It starts by rendering the dvd menu. It seems to complete that fine in about 2 minutes.

Then it goes to make the DVD image and never seems to start. It is a DVD that contains about 13 shows. I am trying to burn it to a dual layer DVD.

Here is what I see on the screen.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7164/6489985807_987449a51b_b.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rich

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: DVD never renders

Postby DickK » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Try rendering to an ISO file and not to a DVD directly.

Also, if the rendering stops in about the same place each time, there may be an audio file or video file that ProShow can't handle. That's a common cause for rendering issues--it's a bit of a pain figuring out which because the only way is to take the file(s) out and see if it works.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby rrogers44 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks Dick. Same result with an ISO file. The thing is that it never seems to start rendering.

I will try with less shows and see if one show is the culprit.

Thanks,

Rich

Postby rrogers44 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 am

Hi Dick,

It looks like it was the first show. I had burned it before as a test and it worked fine, but now appears corrupted. I cannot even preview it. So I pasted all the pics and transitions and redid the music. Seems fine now.

thanks for the help.

One last question - Does the ISO file concept work for Blu Ray too? Will it still be HD?

Thanks,

Rich

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:10 am

Rich . . . yes an ISO file is capable of producing high definition Blue Ray discs with ease because an ISO file is really an exact copy of your slideshow. Many of us on this forum use the free Image Burn program to burn all our projects rather than trying to create our discs directly from within the ProShow program.

Here is the link: http://www.imgburn.com/

Good luck :wink:

Dan

Postby rrogers44 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:22 am

Thanks Dan. I have imgburn.

Rich

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting