PSG won't add a particular sound file to the soundtrack.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

PSG won't add a particular sound file to the soundtrack.

Postby Graham » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Anybody got any ideas? I've been downloading songs and adding them to my shows in PSG with no problems at all. I've also been downloading songs from Youtube clips, using a "Youtube to MP3" converter program, also with no problems at all. I've just got one track however that I downloaded from Youtube with my usual "Youtube to MP3" program (that has successfully downloaded to my computer because I can play it) :?: but it just won't add to my soundtrack when I try to. Frustrating because it's the perfect version of the song and I really want this one in my show.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: PSG won't add a particular sound file to the soundtrack.

Postby DickK » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Occasionally ProShow behaves very strange with an MP3 file for no apparent (to us anyway) reason. The usual solution is to get the file rewritten/recreated. Try doing the conversion again. If that fails, try pulling the MP3 into an editor, make a trivial change (example: add/subtract a tiny bit of silence at the end) and write a new file--usually that will work.

If you don't have something else, the freebie called Audacity is excellent and widely used.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Graham » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Dick, you're a genius. I wasted hours trying to solve this and you did it in an instant. I used your link and downloaded Audacity. I just shaved a fraction of a second off the end of the track and saved it. Then I could add the new track straight in to PSG with no worries at all. You were spot on with your advice. Thanks for your help!!!!

Postby tdew » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:25 am

Graham, I never knew that a program like youtube to mp3 existed! Thank you so much for mentioning it.
There was one particular song that I've tried to buy for ages, but no one offered the mp3. It had been used once on youtube and I would listen to it there. Now, I have my own copy and may even re-do one of my shows that had cried out for it.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:47 am

Whenever I've had MP3 problems, I've used this free program: http://www.koyotesoft.com/audio-software/free-mp3-wma-converter.html. Sometimes it's just a matter of using this software to quickly convert an MP3 to WAV and then back again so it's coded correctly.

Check out Koyote Software's home page for all the other free conversion programs: http://www.koyotesoft.com

It all works and it's all free.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting