Playing an old slide show in PSG 4.5

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Playing an old slide show in PSG 4.5

Postby Paul50 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:50 am

Hi All,

I have only recently joined the group and I'm finding it very useful reading through the old posts. My name is Paul and I live in the north east of England, UK. So, hello everyone :)

I have recently bought PSG 4.5. However, I downloaded a trial copy of an older version a couple of years ago and made a slideshow which has the yellow evaluation bar across the images.

I have tried to import this older show into 4.5 but PSG doesn't seem to recognise it. I have dragged/dropped the file onto the slide list and then tried re-saving it but although it plays, it still has the yellow evaluation bar across the images.

Can anyone advise on how I may import this slide show into 4.5 and get rid of the yellow evaluation bar? The file is a 'Movie Clip (.mpg)'.

Thanks,

Regards, Paul

Re: Playing an old slide show in PSG 4.5

Postby heckydog » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:18 am

An mpg file is not a PSG show file. It's more than likely the finished output you created from a show you did during the evaluation period several years ago.

If that's the case then the yellow bar is a permanent part of the mpg video and there's no way to remove it. If you still have the original psh file (Movie Clip.psh) and photos that you used for the show you should be able to open those and make a new show without the watermark.

Joe

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:34 am

Paul -- as Joe indicated you need to find the PSH file. Try searching your hard drive, or backups, for that file type. Then you can just load that into PSG. You might find the information in this thread useful:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6261

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Paul50 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:54 am

Hi Joe / Dick,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I can now confirm I have found the original PSH file and its opened in PSG without the yellow evaluation bar :D It was only a very basic attempt but I'm glad I still had the PSH file.

I didn't realise that I still had the PSH file until I carried out a search of my hard drive (as you suggested) and there it was! It's in 4:3 but I have changed it to 16:9 and just need to reposition some of the images again and save it in 16:9 format....I think :)

Thanks again guys for your help. Much appreciated. Now to continue reading the manual that came with the software :)

Regards, Paul

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting