Clueless! Cant open show in ProShow

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Clueless! Cant open show in ProShow

Postby deevinemissm » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 am

This is making me crazy. Created several slideshows and can open all but one, which also seems to be missing files. The file named "Robin Show" plays on my computer, but couldn't be uploaded to either Blogger or YouTube. It also won't open in ProShow. Here's a screen shot -
https://picasaweb.google.com/thedeevinemissm/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqJ8Ieerb-3JA&pli=1&gsessionid=Y9_cgS5ZbQyTGuoY6yOQOA#5632615174581996962.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to insert the image! Anyway - this is my third day of trying to post this show for a friend and I'm clueless!

Re: Clueless! Cant open show in ProShow

Postby heckydog » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:02 am

deevinemissm wrote:This is making me crazy. Created several slideshows and can open all but one, which also seems to be missing files. The file named "Robin Show" plays on my computer, but couldn't be uploaded to either Blogger or YouTube. It also won't open in ProShow. Here's a screen shot -
https://picasaweb.google.com/thedeevinemissm/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqJ8Ieerb-3JA&pli=1&gsessionid=Y9_cgS5ZbQyTGuoY6yOQOA#5632615174581996962.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to insert the image! Anyway - this is my third day of trying to post this show for a friend and I'm clueless!

You don't have the file extensions showing but the file type says 'Application' so it's mostly likely an exe file. Youtube won't let you upload an executable file and I assume Blogger won't either. To show the file extension go into Windows Explorer, click on Tools>Folder Options>View and uncheck where it says 'Hide extensions for known file types'.

You will probably have to re-render the show for upload to YT. I don't have an answer for the missing files issue.

Joe

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:06 am

You have created an executable file, a Robin Show.exe, as it says beside it, this is an application. This cannot be opened in Proshow, or uploaded.

To load the show into Proshow you need to find the .psh file that this executable was made from.

EDIT: Must learn to type faster.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:59 pm

As Joe and Brian says . . . your show appears to be an executable (.exe) file. If you want to upload your show to You Tube, click on "Create Output" and then click on the You Tube icon keeping in mind that the You Tube time limit is 15 minutes in length.

Dan

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting