Crashing when rendering...

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Crashing when rendering...

Postby devi1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:47 am

Hi everyone,

I'm using PSG to create a rather large slideshow.

My slideshow is in the following format....

A few title (intro) slides, about 10 small clips of hi res video (1080p), followed by about 700 pictures.

When I try to render it as DVD, it does the first few slides (pictures) ok, but as soon as it tries to do the hd video it just crashes in a variety of ways. Sometimes PSG just closes, sometimes it brings up the windows dialogue box that says the program has stopped working. It also behaves the same way if I try rendering it in any other format.

However, if I do just the videos separately it works. And if I do just the pictures separately it also works. It just doesn't work all together. I have done pictures and video together on a slideshow many times, but none on this big a scale I suppose.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance :)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Crashing when rendering...

Postby DickK » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Personally I've never seen that but I also have never tried making a show that complex. If you don't get someone else popping in with an idea, I'd contact PhotoDex and see if they can help--they'll try anyway.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 pm

I ran into this same problem a short while back on a slide show that had a number of video clips and about 200 pictures. I tried everything I could think of and finally had to reduce the sizes of all the pictures to bring the total size of the show down.

Even though it looked like everything would fit onto the disc, the video clips and the number/size of the slides evidently exceeded the capacity of Proshow somehow. After I reduced all the photo sizes . . . I was able to get my show to render properly. :wink:

Dan

Postby devi1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks for the replies and advice guys, much appreciated :)

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting