The file could not be opened

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

The file could not be opened

Postby Skye ABCD » Wed May 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Today I restart my PC then open the previous slide I created yesterday but it doesn't work, it appear the blank project then I choose open recent >>> that slide it says 'The file could not be opened'. But the other ones re still okay.
WTH happened :((, plz help me, that slide is very important to me :((
Sry for my bad English

Re: The file could not be opened

Postby cherub » Wed May 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi,

What happens if you try to open the show by doing this:

File > Open
Navigate to where you saved your show and double click on the file.

Does it open this way?

Postby Skye ABCD » Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 am

cherub wrote:Hi,

What happens if you try to open the show by doing this:

File > Open
Navigate to where you saved your show and double click on the file.

Does it open this way?

Thank you but it still appears a blank show. I swear that I didn't overwrite any file on it and I saved it carefully. I'm so unlucky these days :(

Postby cherub » Thu May 26, 2011 12:58 am

So, it's not that you can't open the show. You can, but all you see are blank slides, right ?

Close ProShow Gold.

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to where you saved your show.
Look for a file with the extension .pxc (the name that you gave to your show, with the extension pxc). Delete this file.
It will help ProShow to refresh the cache of your show. Please be very careful NOT to delete any other file!

Open ProShow again, and try to open your show again, from File > Open.

Postby Skye ABCD » Thu May 26, 2011 4:19 am

It still doesn't work :(
Thank you so much for helping me, the slide show seems to be hopeless, I will remake it :(

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 26, 2011 8:16 am

In the same directory as your show .psh file, there should be backup versions that get automatically saved. They are named showname.bak, showname.b01 etc - save the existing showname.psh file that is not opening correctly for you by renaming it to something like save_showname.psh, then make a copy of the showname.bak and name it as showname.psh (or I usually call it new_showname.psh). See if that opens correctly for you. The .bak file is the most recent save, the .b01 - .b09 are earlier saved versions (look at the timestamp on the files). See if one of those can be opened correctly. Hope that helps ! (look through the pdf version of the manual for the complete description of how the backup files are named - in the pdf version of the gold manual, see page 344).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting