Overexposed washed out slide show

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Overexposed washed out slide show

Postby nan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:05 pm

My original photos are acceptable so I don't understand why my PG slide show appears overexposed. There is no blue sky or water, just mostly blinding white. I hope I don't have to edit each individual slide. How can I translate the jewel-tone colors of the original .jpg file to a PG slide show?
I must admit this is my first DVD. The process was easy (except for moving and rearranging slides) and I had no problems with burning and playing the DVD.
Thanks for any hints!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Overexposed washed out slide show

Postby DickK » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Does this appearance show up in preview mode?
-- If it does then I'd guess an image adjustment (white point, black point, brightness, something) got made and inadvertently applied to all images.
-- If not, then it's in the rendering process--check the "Create DVD", "Options" screen for the desaturate images check box and if set, uncheck the box.

You can also try making an EXE as an output to see what happens there--again, if it looks okay in other output formats, then it's got to be in the process of making the DVD.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby nan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:43 am

Ahh, thanks for the ideas and options!
The preview is beautiful, even in full screen mode. The DVD is painful to watch even on the computer monitor. So you are right, I need to look at the rendering process. I realize now that it would be counterproductive to edit each image and proably affect the original file in a negative way.
One thing I tried is Layers-->Editing-->Adjustments. In my case adjusting brightness and so forth does not help as the problem is too extreme. But I wonder if these manual adjustments are ever helpful and if the auto button in that screen is useful.
Thanks again.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:50 pm

You shouldn't have to edit the images for the output like that. Check the saturation box on the DVD output screen. Have you tried making the ISO or DVD again to be sure it's consistent?

If possible, look at the DVD on a different player and TV to be sure it's really the DVD.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby nan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 pm

I did uncheck the desaturate box, thanks to your advice. I don't know how it got checked because I have never been in that options menu before--unless there is some reason for it to be the default... Looks much better; thanks for your help.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:31 pm

I think the default is still desaturate to 80%. That's generally needed with an old tube TV but not with a plasma/LCD TV.

Glad it got sorted out.

Dick

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting