Volume levels and avi's/wmv etc.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
vonbeck

Volume levels and avi's/wmv etc.

Postby vonbeck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:02 pm

First, my apologies as I first posted this in the PSP section first... yeah lol, I'm a newbie here as well as with PSG :-)

Hi, I'm new to PSG but so far love the program. Here's my problem. This is regarding a simple slide show with jpg's and an mp3 as the audio. All works great until I place some video (wmv or avi) amongst the jpg's or within the timeline etc. During playback the volume level of the mp3 drops by say..... 15 to 25% every time it switches from jpg to wmv. And then obviously raises again going from wmv back to jpg. I thought about maybe trying to isolate the sound during the wmv times and turn it up. But that's not really a good fix and couldn't really figure out how to mark those spots and do it anyway. I'm using PSG 4.51. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Mark T

Re: Volume levels and avi's/wmv etc.

Postby cherub » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum,

Go to:
Show Options > Show Soundtrack > Soundtrack During Other Sounds
You will notice that the default is 50%
Write 100% instead.

Even if you can't hear any sounds, ProShow sees your video clips as inclusive of sounds, and refers to them as "Other sounds".

Hope this helps.

vonbeck

Re: Volume levels and avi's/wmv etc.

Postby vonbeck » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:06 am

cherub wrote:Hi Mark and welcome to the forum,

Go to:
Show Options > Show Soundtrack > Soundtrack During Other Sounds
You will notice that the default is 50%
Write 100% instead.

Even if you can't hear any sounds, ProShow sees your video clips as inclusive of sounds, and refers to them as "Other sounds".

Hope this helps.

Thanks Cherub, your cure worked like a charm. Even though the vid clips had had their audio "muted" upon creation I guess PSG (as U said) treated them as if the audio was still there...

Mark

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting