Splitting up a large show

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
judy

Splitting up a large show

Postby judy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm

I had a show where the AVI file came out to be around 1.3 gb. As Vimeo has a 500mb limit, I wanted to split it up.

I selected the slides and copied them, then pasted them into a new show. Actually I did this in a couple of steps as it crashed if I did the whole thing at once.

Music didn't come over that way, so I added music.

It turns out that MOST of the captions came over, but they were not turned on. Does anyone have an idea on how to get the captions turned on all at once? This is very hassling as when I go through and turn the captions on one by one it will do a few captions, crash, a few more, crash, etc. There appear to be some slides I cannot access without it crashing, though I have no idea why.

Any ideas on turning on captions and doing something to make the show more stable? Frankly PSG is beginning to irritate me with its propensity to crash.

Re: Splitting up a large show

Postby dsprincis » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:29 am

If I understand what you are trying to do correctly, I would save my complete original show three times with three different names. Then I would delete the sections of each show that I did not want so that I would now have show one going from A to B, show two going from B to C and show three going from C to D.

Darlene

judy

Postby judy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:32 am

What an intriguing "glass half full" solution! I'll try it -- thanks.

judy

Postby judy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:32 am

Darlene,

Just wanted to say that worked wonderfully, and it got rid of the continual crashes. I wonder what goes wrong.

The only thing that concerns me was that because of the slow down that PSG suffers when it gets many slides, I was going to split up large slide shows and put them together at the end. Is there a way to do that where you don't get into these difficulties? I have looked and they don't seem to have an "insert show" command which I would expect.

Judy

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting