Sound Problems at HD

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Sound Problems at HD

Postby Scouse » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:36 pm

I used to write my Proshow Gold shows to DVD and play it through a regular DVD player, but when it died, I was persuaded by my (grown up) son to get a PS3, which he assured me would play all sorts of DVD's, BlueRay, Avi, Mpeg, you name it.... and he's been mostly right (it won't play PAL DVD's). Anyway, I then started writing my shows as Mpeg files and copying them onto the PS3's hard drive, and watching that way - no problem.
Reading through some of the messages here on one of the forums prompted me to start looking at some of the other options for writing Video Files from Proshow, and I found HD, and then I found 1080p. Even I know that means excellent quality.
I rewrote a couple of my shows - a half hour show took just over four hours to create, and turned out at over 15 Gigabytes! But the quality is superb, and playing it on the computer, it looks and sounds great.
No, to the point.....
I copied the files over to the PS3, which is connected to a server, but the files are right on the PS3 hard drive, and the picture quality is still excellent, but the sound is unlistenable to - it's fragmented and poppy and seems completely useless.
I put the files back onto the server, which is wirelessley connected to the PS3, and got exactly the same result.
Playing them on the computer gives great results........I wonder if the hard drive in the PS3 is just inferior quality
Any ideas, suggestions?

Follow up.... I tried at 720p with the same (but slightly better) result. At 480p, it sounds just fine..... I guess it's better than DVD quality

Thanks
Tom

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting