Video Trimming audio missing

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Video Trimming audio missing

Postby The Situation » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:29 am

Long time user, first time poster.

After a search of the forums, I could not come up with a solution to my issue.

I just finished a quick project last night on PSG that was a very simple and quick video/photo show for a reception.

I had one video file (about 4 mins long, unsure of size) that I trimmed in PSG to 3 different sections and put the trimmed sections on 3 different slides. (I basically dropped the video file into 3 slides and cut each - beginning, middle, end).

When I first completed the video trimming, each slide worked as expected with video and audio matching on each. When I previewed the show, the first video clip was perfect, but the second and third video clips no longer had audio. I tried importing and trimming multiple times, but the same result.

Is this just a bug?

I know the work around - trim them into 3 separate files outside of PSG and import, but just taking one large file and trimming in PSG is much easier.

Thoughts?

Thanks - The Situation

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Video Trimming audio missing

Postby pilotdan63 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:28 pm

I have never tried breaking up a video clip like this so I decided to experiment to see if I could duplicate your video editing technique in Producer using the slide option video editing "trim video" function. I inserted one of my video clips into a blank slide on the time-line and then trimmed my video clip into three separate slides.

Here's how I did it . . . I trimmed my video clip in slide #1 to about 1/3 of the total playing time and then inserted the exact same video clip into slide #2 and moved the trim arrow to the exact same start position where I ended the first slide. In other words . . . if you end your first video clip at 30 seconds you will move your trim start arrow for your second video clip to 30 seconds.

I adjusted the second video clip running play time and then applied the same technique to the third and last video clip adjusting the trim time to complete the remaining time of the clip.

I used a 3 second A/B fade between each video clip slide and when I play them back they all play perfectly one after the other. I can move the individual video clips around and insert other static picture slides in between each clip and the video clips continue to play exactly as I edited them with the their individual audio track perfectly in-sync :-)

Note: pay careful attention to the playing time for each one of your edited video clips and if you don't have any audio add some more playing time to the slide and see if this brings your audio back.

Dan

Postby The Situation » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:32 am

Thanks for taking the time to try and reproduce the issue.

I'll try this again tonight. What you did is exactly what I did.

Thanks -

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Good luck :)

Dan

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting