PSG won't install: "Cannot load IF.DNT"

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
jdaley5

PSG won't install: "Cannot load IF.DNT"

Postby jdaley5 » Sat May 01, 2010 5:32 pm

So I downloaded the latest PSG installer..it extracts itself ok (apparently) but then immediately I get a popup that says Error Cannot Load IF.DNT. And it quits.

I've been working with Photodex support, no luck yet and was wondering if maybe someone on here had seen this before. Funny thing is, I've run PSG on this system before, no prob. Downloaded previous versions of PSG, they all do that same thing now. Tried it in Safe mode, tried it wth all security software, services and startup items disabled, no dice. I'm running 64 bit XP.

If anyone's got an idea about this one, I'd sure love to hear it. Thanks!

John

Re: PSG won't install: "Cannot load IF.DNT"

Postby gpsmikey » Sat May 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Well, I don't know what it is, but I do have that file in my XP SP2 machine in the
C:\Program Files\Photodex\ProShowProducer4
folder (looks like it is just over 5 megs). Sorry I can't be more help - have not heard that error before, but at least the file does exist. Any strange file permissions on that folder or anything ??

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

jdaley5

Postby jdaley5 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:57 am

Permissions seem OK, the installer is able to create a temp directory and extract everything into it, including if.dnt, which is as you say just over 5 megs. So the file's there and it's readable. According to Photodex support it contains GUI stuff so you figure some kind of video card/driver issue--wouldn't be the first time. But nope, Safe mode with just the standard VGA driver doesn't fix it. So then I figure something somewhere in my OS is honked up but I'll never figure out what, so I reinstall Windows. But nope. Same. Thing. Weird, if you ask me.

John

Postby gpsmikey » Sun May 02, 2010 6:45 am

very odd. Hopefully, support can come up with some ideas because I don't have any clues at this point. I don't remember hearing anybody else mention this problem before and if re-installing winders doesn't change it, I don't have a clue. Only thing I can think of is re-download and try it again, but it sounds like that is not the issue either. You say you are running 64 bit XP which may be a clue, but I think others here are also running 64 bit XP. Sorry :(

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

jdaley5

Postby jdaley5 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Photodex support figured it out.

Had to add the installer to DEP exceptions in Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance Settings.

Then once it installed, had to add proshow.exe also.

Thanks to Jeremy at Photodex support for getting to the bottom of this for me!

John

Postby Ron » Wed May 05, 2010 4:37 pm

John
Glad you work it out!
Welcome to the group.
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby pithag82 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm having the exact same problem. I followed the steps detailed above and the problem remains. I ordered the download. Running Windows 8. Proshow Gold 6.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting