Help...On PSG. Cant render/create...RESOLVED!

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
zorro18

Re: Help...On PSG. Cant render/create...

Postby zorro18 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Thank you again, VR & pilot.

Now that you mentioned Directdraw, I am inclined to think that it could be the culprit but disabling it in Win7 is a challenge based on my google. It seems that Win7 grey-out the disable option/hw acceleration/deceleration.
There are some who had problems with Dd in win 7 but couldnt disable it.

I have created/render to a different fold but still a problem.
I have also uninstalled Zonealarm and the rendering improved. PSG closed the application at abt 30% though I am certain that a 2nd retry will give a different rendering percentage.

Am not giving up yet.... :mrgreen:

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Zorro,
Try disabling its use inside of ProShow and see if it gives you any relief. It is under the Preferences section.

-Vernon

zorro18

Postby zorro18 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:40 pm

VernonRobinson wrote:Zorro,
Try disabling its use inside of ProShow and see if it gives you any relief. It is under the Preferences section.

-Vernon

Done, but PSG closed abruptly after 2%.....this is going to take some time...sigh.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:40 pm

You might want to try and call Photodex directly. The techs there are pretty good despite the spam mail response you got. I would say to give them a try and we will keep thinking of new things to try.

-Vernon

zorro18

Postby zorro18 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:23 pm

After I rebooted my PC, I ran PSG and rendered the clean set of 95 images without any soundtrack and it was able to create an ISO file successfully!!!
I will try adding the soundtrack and do some motion effects to see if it works.

Keeping fingers crossed.... :mrgreen:

zorro18

Postby zorro18 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:10 am

...and now for some great news....I guess this could be it.
Finally managed to dump abt 300 images with 10 audio tracks, random transitions & motion effects across all slides, 2 customized slides and a video (avi) file....the ISO was successfully created!!!! Playback was 29mins.
And now the next hurdle....burning the DVD....I dread to think of another challenge.... :mrgreen:

I'll be back...
Last edited by zorro18 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

zorro18

Postby zorro18 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:37 am

Ok took abt 8mins to create/render/burn to DVD. Tested on a standalone DVD player and it works.

Special "Thank you" to TinaJ, DickK,Bart_B and especially to VernonRobinson and pilotdan63.
You guys are really helpful. Thanks a bunch! I will think of you guys when I head down the pub tonite! * grinz *

pd63, I will try out Avira defintely.
Maybe we shld list out the not-so-PSG-friendly Anti-Virus sw in here.... I think Zone Alarm may be one of them.

Anyone tried AVG, Avasti (free) with PSG?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Help...On PSG. Cant render/create...RESOLVED!

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:53 am

Zorro18,
That is absolutely great. Any idea what the issue was? This can help other new users who may have a similar problem in the future.

Now that you are able to complete your workflow, watchout. ProShow is definitely habit forming :).

Concerning the Anti-Virus, it seems to be machine installation dependent. Many people are using Zone-Alarm without issue. But it is one of the things to check if you are having problems. Keep after it and if you need some additional assistance, you know what to do.

Regards,
-Vernon

zorro18

Postby zorro18 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:34 am

vernon, it could either be the DirectDraw (DD) support or ZA. I'm more inclined to think it's the former though.
After I unchecked DD, I did not reboot the PC. Instead I proceeded to render and it aborted at 2%.
I was only able to get it done successfully after the reboot.

I'm going to re-install ZA next and create another PSG project for rendering. If it fails, then it could be ZA as well. In my case, it could be 2 culprits not one... :mrgreen:

btw, project #2 completed successfully with 150+ slides/images on DVD

Will keep you guys in the loop....

Postby MJH1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 pm

I realize this post is much later than prior posts, but since I had so much difficulty finding a recent thread on this problem myself, I decided to add one.

ProShow Gold 5 froze on me repeatedly during rendering of a slideshow (with music) into all video formats at 92% completion except for the Quicktime "MOV" format (which gave inferior image quality that I did not want to sell to my client). After reading some threads that mentioned possible interference between PSG and antivirus software, I decided to turn off mine temporarily (Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013). After that I had no problem rendering the video to completion in "AVI" and also in rendering/uploading via the YouTube option. And image quality was much better than the "MOV" format.

I meant to say that I'd contacted Photodex 8 days ago via their online 'help' link describing my difficulties in detail and uploaded the slideshow file that was giving me all the issues to help Photodex troubleshoot the problem for me. I immediately received an 'auto confirmation' of receipt of my request, but never heard from them thereafter, despite a follow up email after 5 days without word. That's pathetic customer service.

So if you're driving yourself nuts like I was, trying to figure out what the problem is, might try disabling your antivirus software briefly during your video rendering. Good luck.

Previous

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting