"Squealing" sound when Previewing avi files in PSG 4.1

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
BAGBAG

"Squealing" sound when Previewing avi files in PSG 4.1

Postby BAGBAG » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:36 am

I now have a very loud "squealing" sound when I Preview and avi file imported into PSG4.1 In 4.0 I did not have this problem and I am using the same camera to create the avi files. Note that the avi file plays properly except within PSG4.1

kellymariephoto

Re: "Squealing" sound when Previewing avi files in PSG 4.1

Postby kellymariephoto » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 pm

I am also having the same problem with the new version of Producer. I didn't have this problem before and the avi files plays fine but mkes the squealing/static sound once it is loaded into the show.

BAGBAG

Postby BAGBAG » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:37 am

Here's the work-around I received from Photodex Support that worked for me ..... open the program (not the show) and go to "Edit" > "Preferences", choose the "Playback" section, uncheck "Video Importing" and hit "Done" at the bottom. Then, close the program and import that video again. Does it playback as it should this time? If the problem persists, please let us know and we will continue to troubleshoot the issue.

kellymariephoto

Postby kellymariephoto » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:51 pm

It didn't work for me.

kellymariephoto

Postby kellymariephoto » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:07 pm

I finally got it to work. I had to close the program after changing the preferences then reopen it. Now it works. Thank You!

Postby mudcat » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:43 am

I am getting this squealy/crackly sound too, and while the 'workaround' noted above does work, I find i have to do it all over again the next day when I go back to do more work on the same show. What a hassle. This is a serious flaw in the PSG 4.1 software. I hope they put some kind of permanent patch together for this...soon.

mudcat

Postby dkelley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:07 am

I changed the setting on PLAYBACK, closed the program, reopened it and but still getting static sounds. Do have any oher sugguestions.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting