How many of you can't upload to Photodex share site?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
breh888

How many of you can't upload to Photodex share site?

Postby breh888 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 am

I have read many many posts about users being unable to upload to the Photodex share site. This seems to apply to PSG as well as PSP. There does not seem to be one consistent solution.

I have had this problem since I started using ProShow Gold a few weeks ago and it causes me no end of frustration. I get stuck at the "(0%) connecting to psuploads.photodex.com)" point during the upload attempts.

I have tried reloading ProShow Gold and have tried using Mozilla Firefox in place of Internet Explorer. Neither helps. I use Vista and AVG Free for virus protection on my computer.

I wonder how many of you also have this problem with your shows? And I wonder if there is a real solution?

Any insights into this problem would be helpful including information on the browser you're using, the operating system, and your virus protection software. Also it would be interesting knowing how many of you are experiencing the same problem.

Herb

Re: How many of you can't upload to Photodex share site?

Postby debngar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 am

Make sure all your AV and firewall stuff allow for all the exe programs within ProShow and Presenter folders.

Connection speed can be a problem. Not fast enough and it could time out on you and you'll never get the show online.

I once had a 1Mps DSL connection a long time ago (early 2006) when I first started using ProShow. I couldn't get any shows uploaded because it would time out on me. Once I switched to a 3 Mps connection, that made it work. I have a much better connection now 10-16 Mps download and upload speed and that is a huge blessing. But that kind of service is hard to find, not available in very many areas unfortunately.

What is quoted as your connection speed is often deceiving because even the fastest AT&T service speed at 6 Mps is only for downloads. Their upload speed is WAY less than 1Mps.

If the connection is dial-up, forget it entirely.

That's my 2 cents.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby floridabill50 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:59 pm

I also have this problem on my home PC. I run Windows XP, Proshow Gold 4, Zone alarm firewall, AVG anti virus. Have seen where others have mentioned either a firewall or AVG problem so I have deactivated AVG, taken down Zone alarm and turned off Windows firewall to no avail. The interesting thing to note is on my work PC it uploads just fine and that PC has all firewalls and anti virus progs running albeit not AVG. I am frustrated myself as to why it cannot upload to Photodex site from my home PC even with all external and 3rd party programs OFF.

Postby David Reano » Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 am

Yes, I have had the same problem ever since I had to reload Windows 7 because of a virus a few weeks ago. I thought it was a reload problem. Then I found that I couldn't upload from my wife's laptop. We had just upgraded our modem, so I was suspicious about that. I also tried all those things you have done and Telus says its not our modem. Telus and Windows Firewall have permission to allow Photodex through. The mystery was increased when I found I could upload while I was in Safe Mode. However, yesterday that didn't work either (something to do with virtual memory). Yesterday, I resorted to uploading a web show from my Photodex Sharing site. That has been painfully slow ( 1 hr. & 20 min.). Both Telus and Photodex Help feel that something in the computer (My wife's included) is preventing Producer from connecting to 'psupload'. I agreed with them. Now I am wondering about the recent new Presenter??
I will look into the previous suggestion that the PERMISSIONS now have to be extended to exe files within the Photodex file itself.

David

Postby David Reano » Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 am

DID IT!! Back to Windows Firewall. The secret is that Photodex Presenter must be on the 'Exception list", not just Photodex Producer. At first glance Presenter is not provided as a choice on the programs list. Use the 'Browse' button and search Progamsx86 to find Photodex Presenter. Click OK. Then it appears on the progams list. Highlight and click OK again and you should be good to go.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:59 pm

As has been suggested . . . slow internet connection speeds will very often produce undesirable results. You can check your internet connection download and upload speed by running a "Ping Test" here: http://www.speedtest.net/

Good luck :wink:

Dan

Postby David Reano » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:16 pm

I take back my recent solution. I have a new Windows 7 now. Unfortunately, it seems that I haven't learned a thing. Again Producer is unable to upload to sharing as it is unable to find 'psuploads'. Telus Security, Microsoft Firewall, Windows Explorer and Google Chrome all have Photodex and 'Presenter' on their 'Allow' list. Moreover, turning off both the firewall and all security does not help. We have the fastest internet service we can get as a non-business. The upload speed is slow by law. The puzzle is that we used to be able to upload without any problem.

I am able to upload a Web show from Sharing, but that will take possibly many hours as half the time Sharing times out before the upload is completed. (1 hour and 20 minutes)

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting