Audio Question

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
georgiagina

Audio Question

Postby georgiagina » Sun May 03, 2009 7:04 am

Hi, I am brand new to PSG (using 3.0.1974)

I would like to start my audio 12 slides in and cannot figure out how to do this. (i.e. I want my first 12 slides to not have the song playing and start the song on slide 13).

Many thanks for any help.

Gina

Re: Audio Question

Postby gpsmikey » Sun May 03, 2009 7:29 am

As I like to say "Welcome to the funny farm !! "

There are a number of ways to approach your problem. Probably the simplest way if you just have the one song would be to attach the song to slide 13 and make sure you check the box that says to continue playing after slide ends or something like that. Several other ways that should also work (I have Producer, but I think this part works the same in Gold):
-- place the song on the timeline, but on the properties, set the offset to match the start of slide 13 in seconds.
-- insert a "silent" sound segment the duration of the first 12 slides.
-- hit "TAB" and you will switch modes so you are looking at the music duration/waveform - hold down the control key and you can drag the music to wherever you want on the timeline. This is probably the best way, but use whichever method works best for you.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

georgiagina

Postby georgiagina » Sun May 03, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks so much (and for such a quick response!). :)

Postby gpsmikey » Sun May 03, 2009 9:12 am

One thing I should mention - except in special conditions, it is generally not a good idea to have silence for the first chunk of the show - people tend to turn the volume up trying to hear what is on there and since Murphy is *always* watching over us, they will have the volume all the way up when the audio starts :lol: Your way of silence for the first bunch is fine though if you have a situation where you already have the volume set correctly.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

georgiagina

Postby georgiagina » Sun May 03, 2009 9:18 am

Actually, I didn't explain myself correctly...the first 12 slides have a typewritter wav file spelling out the name of the show. I didn't want music on that. Wanted music to start after that.

Postby gpsmikey » Sun May 03, 2009 10:14 am

Ah, ok, that should work. You can still do the "tab" routine to overlap the start of the music with the typewriter etc if you want, but that should be fine.

mikey

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Sun May 03, 2009 11:01 am

If you are using the TAB & Drag option, a neat little trick is, when you have the tracks positioed where you want -them, hit CTRL + Q to re-sync, then it re=syncs the show to your settings and not average over the complete show
Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting