I need HELP using fade in/out audio during video clips!

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
KPear6026

I need HELP using fade in/out audio during video clips!

Postby KPear6026 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:38 am

First of all GOD BLESS this forum! I have learned SO much and everyone seems so kind and helpful. I am so frustrated right now and hoping someone can help me. I have done many slideshows however, I have never incorporated video clips. Here is my dilema...I have 6 short video clips, (people giving a one word description of another person) that I am playing one right after another. However, I cannot seem to get the soundtract to fade out when the first video clip runs. I have messed with all the fade in/out, soundtrack volume during other sounds...anything on the options menu, but I am having no luck. I have even set the soundtrack volume during other sounds to zero and it works for the first 2 clips but not the rest. Also, the volume goes up during the transition even though I have them set to zero. I want these clips to be quick with just a small fade transition in between and would like the soundtrack to play in the background at a lower volume and still be able to hear the comment. Does this make sense? I know it must be in the fade in/out, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out!

Esteemed Member

Re: I need HELP using fade in/out audio during video clips!

Postby nantory » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:31 am

Have you tried opening the slide you are working and going into the sound tab and doing custom slide sound settings and overriding the soundtrack on the slides you are putting the video clip into? You can adjust the volume however you want.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 am

Note: I am currently working on a memorial service show with a few video clips using ProShow Gold, however I have also been unable to edit the audio portion of these video clips as you say.

When I "right click" on the video slide and open the audio tab the controls are "grayed out" which prevents me from making any audio adjustments :?

Any more help would be very much appreciated.

Dan
Last edited by pilotdan63 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valued Member

Postby Roo57 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 am

Try using one of the crossfade slide transitions on those slides to get one to fade into another. Play with the timing on the transition.

I've never used it on side by side video clips, but it works for me when transitioning from a video clip to a still image.

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:19 am

pilotdan63 wrote:When I "right click" on the video slide and open the audio tab the controls are "grayed out" which prevents me from making any audio adjustments

You have to double click to the open the slide your are working on, when the slide is open go to the sound category and adjust your sounds there. Check the box that says off to turn on the Custom Slide Sound Category and the Overide Soundtrack During this Slide and then make your adjustments.

KPear6026

Postby KPear6026 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:11 am

I have tried to do Custom Slide Sound Settings, but it is always greyed out. The only way I can get it available is If I put my sound track in the Add Slide Sound but the sound track is only available during those slides or I have 2 sound tracks running at the same time. I do not have the option to Override the soundtrack. I must be missing something.

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:50 am

Have you tried going into the video settings under the layers tab after you open the slide?

KPear6026

Postby KPear6026 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Yes, I open the slide and then go to layers, but it is greyed out. What I have done to fix this problem was to go into Windows Movie Maker and make all the video clips into one video. This actually was very easy and seems to work but again the soundtrack fade in/out doesn't sound good. It immediately drops the volume at the beginning and then raises it at then end, but it is not gradual, it is very abrupt. I guess I just don't understand when to begin fading. I would like the music to begin fading at the end of the slide (before the video) and during the transition. Then the same for the end of the video clip the music can fade up after the last comment and get louder during the transition with the music at 100% for the next slide. I have tried all sorts of number combinations but I just can't seem to get it right. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Sorry I haven't been able to help you. I don't understand why you are having all these problems. Have you tried going into the layers-video settings and just setting the video sound to 100 and leave the fade in and fade out alone and just let the program handle it? I've used video clips several times and have never encountered the problems that you have. I hope you can figure this out or that someone with more knowledge jumps in to help you.
Good luck.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:50 am

My question is this, were your soundtrack and one word narratives created at the same time, or are they separate files?

If you created them together (at the same time) in another application (windows movie maker) then there is no way you will be able to control them separately within Proshow as they are now all one sound track. What ever edit you do to one you will do to the other because they are the same file. There will be no individual control of fade ins or outs.

One more thing, If I am TOTALLY misunderstanding your problem, then please forgive my rambling and just ignore this post 8)

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

KPear6026

Postby KPear6026 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks for your relpy Ben. They are not the same file. I had several video clips that I put together to make one video using Windows Movie Maker. That way I didn't have the soundtrack coming through on the transitions. I still do not have a fix for my problem. I know it is in the timing for the fading in/out, and I have tried every number combination available but I still cannot achieve what I want. Maybe I just don't understand what the fade in/out really means. Please anyone who wants to explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate!

I am doing a video to submit to the Susan G. Komen, Race For The Cure about my friend's struggle with breast cancer. The video is due in 4 days and this is the only thing holding me back from submitting.

Thank you to all who have replied.

Postby carlb60 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:43 pm

This is not an answer, just a second opinion to kpear6026. I am having the same problem. contrary to what the instructions say, the "Custom Sound Slide Settings" and "Override Soundtrack During This Sound" toggles do not work. They seem to be permanently disabled.

I think this is a software bug because the similar functions in Proshow Gold work perfectly. I am waiting for an answer from Photodex bug report

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting