No Audio once imported into PSG

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
jerky656

No Audio once imported into PSG

Postby jerky656 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:36 am

Hi forum members. I have a camcorder that saves files in the MPEG2 format w/ dolby digital audio. I am able to view & hear these files fine with Windows Media Player. I have the necessary DVD/MPEG2 decoder plug-in for windows media player. The issue I'm having is that when I import one of these files into PSG, there is no audio at all. MOV. Video clips from my digital camera import fine, its just the MPEG2 videos that lose audio upon import. Does this sound like an audio codec issue? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks: Eric

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: No Audio once imported into PSG

Postby briancbb » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:45 am

Welcome to the forum.

It could be a codec problem, emphasis on the 'could'. Photodex usual reply to this would be to install the K-lite codec pack which solves many similar problems.

I have only done a quick search of this forum to find a similar problem, but in this case it was the reverse, video and not sound that was missing. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10907&p=88720&hilit=audio#p88720 . The K-lite codec pack cleared this problem.

By the way, feel this should have been in 'Trouble Shooting', not in 'Feature Requests' for future editions of the program.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting