PSG 4 bug or am I missing something...

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
calmate

PSG 4 bug or am I missing something...

Postby calmate » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:41 am

Hey there.

I'm new to PSG4 and so far really liking it but I'm having a problem and was wondering if someone can help me out.
My problem is with layers and particularily the "effects" aspect. I have tried to adjust the position of a layer (so it will move during the slideshow) and that works fine but I'm having a problem with the X and Y coordinates. Lets say I want to keep the Y coordinate the same during the movement (i don't want the layer to move up/down but only left/right), as far as I understand, you can drag the layer (final position) so that it matches the other one (which is a real pain because it's hard to match exactly). I also see you can right click on the Y coordinate and copy to the same slide or selected or all slides. And I guess the other thing you can do is just change the coordinate manually (type it in) to the position you would like (i.e. match the Y coordinates in this case)
The problem is that when i try to due the latter two options, the coordinate never saves and it just goes back to the original one... I can never get them to match identically (only if I drag the layer to match the other will this work, but again that's a pain in the arse...).

So am I missing a step or is this a bug in the program. Any thoughts?

Re: PSG 4 bug or am I missing something...

Postby Barbara_K » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:09 am

Have you updated to version 4.0.2462 that was released on Jan. 9? There are quite a few fixes in this revision. One of the fixes is the problem with manually entered Pan values.

Barbara

calmate

Postby calmate » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I clicked on 'check for upgrades' yesterday but it takes me to a link that says 'requested page it is not available anymore'. How do I upgrade? Do I just go to the site and download the new version entirely?
Thanks.

calmate

Postby calmate » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:07 pm

O.K. I guess I should have read troubleshooting first... sorry... problem fixed and thanks for the heads up though Barbara.
Take care.

Postby debngar » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:39 pm

4.0.2462 does not fix all the pan position setting problems - at least in Producer. I just installed it today and while working on the demo and tutorial I posted earlier I could not get captions to sync up by typing in the amounts. Sometimes, it would not even let me CHANGE the amount at all.

While it may be fixed for the pan positioning settings of an image/layer. It does not work for captions worth beans.

Typing in the settings - at first this appears to work but once you hit the OK button, they revert back to something else - usually previous settings.

It sometimes works to grab the layer or caption, move it close to where you want it and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to nudge it into place. Do that for the (start) position, then if you want to copy that one to the other one on the right (end position) try the copy to end button thingy. Then hit OK. Double check after that by re-opening that slide edit window to see if the numbers stayed where you wanted them. But you cannot always get the keys to make the element move in increments you want. It still skips whole numbers for some reason. So to get whole numbers, start at 50/50 default by resetting the positions with the default button, then use the keyboard which should move the numbers by .1 at a time, eventually winding up at a whole number with each 10 taps of the keyboard. A pain to say the least.

I also noticed that some clicking on the revert to default setting button on the right side of boxes do not work all the time.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Valued Member

Postby Roo57 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:28 am

Yeah I got that same page when trying to update through the program.

I just went and downloaded the update without going through the program itself.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting