Can't load a PSP or a PNG slide

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Can't load a PSP or a PNG slide

Postby dhknap » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Using Proshow Gold version 8.0.3648. I followed instructions from Transparent Layers Video and made a PSP image in Photoshop CC consisting of a background layer and a background copy with a transparent sky. The layer with the transparency was the upper layer. neither layer was hidden. I inserted the image into a Proshow show. When I looked at the slide list I should have seen two slides. I just had one slide. I drug the slide into the show and double clicked on it and the layer list only listed one layer. I tried this several times. In the image characteristics the image was listed as PSP. I next made a PNG image. The video said to make a PNG-24, I didn't know to save as PNG 24 and just saved as PNG. It also showed up as a single layer in Proshow Gold. I cannot understand my mistake.
Dale Knapschaefer dhknap@comcast.net

Re: Can't load a PSP or a PNG slide

Postby cherub » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:01 pm

I have already answered your previous recent post but you didn't bother to acknowledge it.
ProShow doesn't support layers from Photoshop.
You must create png files with transparency (doesn't matter if it's not 24). You can save your background as jpg file.
Each png and or jpg file must be placed in ProShow as a separate layer of the same SLIDE, one on top of the other.

Postby dhknap » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:02 pm

I am sorry I didn't answer your reply from a previous post. I have a hard time finding my way through the forums as well as an extremely hard time with pro show. This happens to an old person who is 90 years old. I don't think there are many old people using proshow. up to now I have only been using it to make simple travelogs of old trips. For this question it sounds like I put the PNG file into Proshow and then add a jpg file of the background as a layer. Thank you. I apologize.
Dale Knapschaefer

Postby cherub » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:48 pm

I only wish that when I reach 90, I would still be able to play with ProShow :D Good for you!!
It's just a bit frustating for me when I post a rather long post/tutorial and the original poster doesn't react at all.
Now I know that you use ProShow Gold and not Producer, so almost everything that I wrote for you in the previous post is not relevant. There are no masks and no keyframes in Gold.
Hope you got the matter of layers all sorted out by now, and that I helped a bit. If not, ask again, and we'll try to help . Good luck :D

Postby dhknap » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:02 am

Thanks for your help. Until you explained things I had the complete wrong idea about layers in ProShow. I thought all the layers came into Proshow form Photoshop. But you got me to finally realize; one layer comes and you add to it in ProShow. I finally understood it enough to work through the Transparent Layer video. When I first tried to work through the video I made one big mistake; bringing in the entire PSP file, and that was a really fundamental wrong idea.

Postby heckydog » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:57 pm

I don't know what version of Photoshop you're using or your level of skill with it. But there's a way to automatically export each layer as an individual PNG file if you have a multi layer PSD file. If you make a lot of PSD files for Proshow it's a time saver. Then you can add the separate images to your slide as needed.

In CS6 and below it's File/Scripts/Export Layers to Files and follow the prompts. If you have PS CC it's even easier.

Joe

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting