Picture Stack

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: Picture Stack

Postby kayeb » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:53 am

Colleen,

Good job. I loved the effect and can't wait for your template.

Kaye
Paint Shop Pro X7, Canon 70D, Panasonic DMCTZ5

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:41 am

It may be a little while before Colleen can post this template, folks. Don't forget that Mike is away on vacation.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby nannybear » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:32 am

I love this!! Awesome idea and great job putting it together! Can't wait for the template. Hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby newtcruiser » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Great job Colleen, I love it.

Linda :lol:

Postby texan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:04 pm

This looks "simple"......but it's very tricky...........

A template would make life easy..........

Great feature.........looking forward to your template....

Thanks in advance......
Texan

Postby im42n8 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Nicely done Colleen!

Texan, I don't know that it's all that tricky. It's just that you need to carefully prepare your layers and your timing. You need to come to a complete stop once the top layer has cleared all of the layer borders beneath it. The transition between slides is cut. The next slide has the images jump up one layer (basically) and the image that was moving is now in the lowest layer. Also, it can immediately begin moving again (so it appears that there was no little to no stop in motion!).

If you're not highly familiar with layers and keyframes, this is one way to hone your skills!

Dale

Postby debngar » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:20 pm

If you're not highly familiar with layers and keyframes, this is one way to hone your skills!

I absolutely agree Dale!

I'd like to add though, it's NOT for Producer beginners and not for the faint of heart! :shock: LOL

It took me about an hour to put 16 slides together with 6 images and make it all work out the way it was supposed to, or at least my interpretation of it.

That said, while using a template may be "easier" for some, I encourage anyone with the will to stick with it or maybe try a simpler one with less images (3?) to start with. It's worth the time to spend trying because you WILL learn things along the way and maybe even a few things you didn't plan on learning. That's how I learned, by trial and error.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby czali » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:55 pm

Debbie,

I totally agree with you. If you do it yourself then you can make the little changes that you see fit.

Dale,

You pretty much said it all. That is exactly how I did it. Although, I am not suprised you knew. Hope you are doing well. I have not any "extras" lately. It has been very quiet. Maybe some day it will work out.

Colleen

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Great effect and a beautiful family...thanks for sharing.
Don

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:07 pm

What a lovely show, and the music was fine. I look forward to seeing the template.

Penny

Postby trulytango » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:22 am

Hi there

I think what people really need is a tutorial rather than a template? Getting to grips with ProShow's most basic (and valuable) features i.e. layers, is really important step in the learning curve. Master this simple effect and you will have added some real key skills you can use many times over 8)

Colleen... at first I was disappointed with what I got when I replicated the effect because I was just using Producer's outline/border and it didn't look so good. I had all the pictures positioned and moving perfectly but I was convinced you prepped the pictures in Photoshop first... and then I had my own lightbulb experience - I discovered that you can get a nice, thick, plain white border using Producer's vignette! This new discovery is bound to save me some time in future! Thank you! :D

So you see... even us long time users learn something new when we put our minds to it :lol:

TTFN
Iris

Postby marmart » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:03 am

So Dale, Do I understand you correctly in that there are duplicate slides used?

Also, Great job Colleen! The first thing I noticed is how darn cute your kids are and I do love the effect!. THanks

Mary
im42n8 wrote:Nicely done Colleen!

The next slide has the images jump up one layer (basically) and the image that was moving is now in the lowest layer.

Postby czali » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 am

Thank you to everyone! Yes, Iris if you use the vignette option in Producer and choose solid color, then click fill borders and fill corners you have an easy photo frame. You could add your own border in an outside editor as well. I will make up instruction on how to do it and post it. Then when Mike gets back have a template uploaded.

Thanks guys,

Colleen

Postby HunnyB » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:10 am

Wow, I love this. I am going to try it with a show I am working on now.
I would love the template, but sometimes I get more confused that way than
if I just tried it myself. :D
GREAT JOB!!!!
Oh, a what a beautiful family you have.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby czali » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:04 am

Here are the instruction on the effect. I am really bad at explaining things so sorry if it confusing. If anyone sees something I missed please say so.

Instruction on Picture Stack

1. I just added a gradient background first (choose color your like)

2. Decide how many layers (photos) you want to work with first and then you will be copy and pasting. (I have six layers)

3. I brought them all into the first slide and reduced them to 60%. Apply a vignette to one of your photos and fill corners and apply solid borders. Add a drop shadow for effect. Copy this effect to all layers.

4. Now you want to rotate each photo as you like to make it seem as though they are stacked on top of one another. Make sure you copy to end.

5. I made the slide duration on the first one 5 sec. Through the project the slide duration will go 5sec, 4 sec, 5 sec, 4 sec, etc. All of your transitions are cut with 0 duration time.

6. In your first slide take your top layer and bring it up and off to the side (left or right). I had mine all go to (50, -50) with 30% rotation. You want it to clear the stack meaning nothing below it.

7. Now copy and paste this slide and move to second slide. Take your coordinates for layer 1 at the end of slide one and apply to the beginning of this slide.

8. On slide 2 you want to go to the layers tab and move this top layer to the bottom.

9. The coordinates at the end of this slide for this first photo are back to (0,0) with a rotation of your liking. This photo is now on the bottom of the stack.

10. Now copy and past slide 2. Move to slide 3. You want to make sure that you clear the movement for your bottom layer now.

11. Now grab your new layer 1 and repeat the process back at step 6.

Goodluck with it and hope you can use it and make it even better.

Colleen

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback