Feather Dancers

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Dipper birds

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:16 am

Here is an example of those silly dippers -- check out this link
http://www.naturefootage.com/stockfootage/Dipper
and look at the 7th one down of one in an "icy river" - you'll see
what I am talking about. They're goofy :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:40 am

Jan, thank you, thank you, thank you. I need lots of support. Yes, the one thing I do have is patience. It comes from raising up a boy into supposed manhood.

Mikey, about the only thing sillier than those dippers is an albatross trying to land or take off. Not that I've ever seen one in person, mind you, but those nature videos are very expressive.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:49 pm

Barabara,

I just finished watching your feather show and all the others as well. I am floored. I'm not quite sure what it is I like about your unusual shows but think it's that they're quite amazing creative works of art.

I got it that the fleeting bird images were where the feathers came from and didn't mind their placement or that they weren't perfect images one would see in side view. It was all about the feathers and so more focus was placed on them. Cool music too. While it was a bit long and sometimes there was too much time with nothing on the screen, I still enjoyed the show and I can appreciate it that you are just learning key-frames. They can be frustrating, complicated and easy to lose track of so I don't try to put too many layers and too many key-frames into a slide at a time! LOL

The two other shows of yours that are my favorite are Fanfare For The Common Man and Night On Bald Mountain. The captivating, imaginative smoke creature/images remind me of two things I've see as a child. One is hard to explain but perhaps you've seen it too. It's a little shadow-like show of moving 2-D figures behind a white curtain or moving black silhoutte type pieces of paper against a white background. I remember them being in crude shapes of people or something in a sword fight or a dance if I recall correctly. The other thing these two shows remind me of is the Disney movie Fantasia. I can imagine your smoke figures dancing across the screen to the music from that movie too.

Thanks for sharing your show. You have raised the creative bar for sure.

Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:15 am

Debbie, you just started me off in a different direction from where I thought I was going today. I'd planned on toning it down, maybe doing something a bit more traditional because I easily go winging off inside my head. That can be a good thing, but it can also be not so good. Pictures and the resulting slide shows are a form of communication, one person speaking to another, and there are times when I go far enough off that I forget this and start talking only to myself. So here I was, thinking that instead of using the weird idea I had for a show set to Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein," I thought I might do an insect collection or maybe take people on a walk down the long road that leads to my house. The heck with it. I'm going with Frankenstein.

"Night on Bald Mountain," by the way, was one of the pieces used in "Fantasia," so I'll bet it was a lurking memory of this that made you think of it.

My personal favorite is "Tick Tock" and mostly because, though there's only a small section featuring my sometimes wonderful son, he was nevertheless throughout, having composed all the music specially for his mom and her show.

Thank you so much for your kind comments, but even more so for reminding me to be me.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:03 am

"Night on Bald Mountain," by the way, was one of the pieces used in "Fantasia," so I'll bet it was a lurking memory of this that made you think of it.

Ahaaa! No wonder. :)

I did like Tick Tock too. The way you displayed the clock, passing of time and the images of each number was very clever.

First time I saw one show with the smoke images, I did not get it. LOL

I'm not typically into the very different or unusual but your shows peaked my interest. I have become easily bored with the same old slideshow stuff I'm producing and want to branch out a bit. Must be the artist in me and the passion I have for the need to create things or something. I don't know. :?

I have a show with images from my August trip to Carmel, CA that's just about finished. It's been almost done for at least a month or so but I'm not happy with the music. The presentation is pretty blah but I don't want to use multi-photo, multi-layered templates just for the sake of using them unless it really fits. It would detract from the photography. But I also don't want to display all of them just one after the other either. There is one section I specifically am not happy with and that is a series of unique door images.

I love beautiful regular photographic images, landscapes, people, etc but I want to stretch myself and learn more how to artistically tweek my images in Photoshop but don't have the time right now. My skill is limited in that area. Seeing your shows pushes me toward wanting to do that and think of how I could be a little more creative in that respect.

Frankenstein eh? - that will be different and I suppose timely for October too!

I would also love to eventually see what you do with a show featuring that long road to your house. LOL

Thanks again for sharing your slideshows.

Debbie

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback