Loweswater Show - English Lake District

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
cankita

Loweswater Show - English Lake District

Postby cankita » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:05 am

My first attempt with Producer and all done by experimenting - I must get down to reading the manual! It took some time to get right, particulary the 'Smoothing' which in many cases seemed to do the opposite.

I have had these photos for a few years and not known what to do with them but now I can send a DVD to family members who are not into computers. I have no idea whether this will be of wider interest - unless you love horses and sheep!

Slideshow is at http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2881979&alb=0

Les

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:56 am

First the bad news: It's too long!

Now the good news: You have incredible timing. Your transitions are perfectly timed with the music, and because of this ability you have, I can't wait to see something where you've used music with a complicated rhythm.

I love animals of all kinds (except maybe chickens) and so I enjoyed seeing the sheep and horses. But the people animals were interesting too--faces filled with character. One question about the sheep: Why are their backs red? Is it a natural color or is the wool dyed?

Barbara

cankita

Loweswater Show - English Lake District (long!)

Postby cankita » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:36 am

Thank you Barbara for your comments.

I realise that it may be too long for the web and for those who don't know the subject but it was made as a record for family and friends who spent the whole day at the show (not just 16 minutes!) and it works well as a DVD. I only posted it here as an afterthought and to see whether I might be spurred on to make another or give up entirely!

The Herdwick sheep at the beginning are dyed to make them look 'pretty' for showing. It is really just an extension of the practice of daubing them with paint spots to recognise their ownership when being brought down from the fells. The 'orange' coloured sheep later are (I think) Texels and they are that colour naturally but of course they are all shampooed for the show to make them stand out!

I am not sure that I have the photos for 'fast' music but I'll have a look. How long should it be before it gets 'too long'?

Regards,

Les

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:56 am

Excellent show - I did feel it moved too slow and could use some
faster paced music. That said, the photography was excellent
with very good use of "different angles" (ground level shots looking
up at the horses etc). Your timing was very well done and matched
the music very nicely. Only problem with the sheep was some of
the people look remarkably like the sheep :D

Loved the draft horses (I love draft horses with big hairy feet anyway)
and they are generally pretty good natured. Some excellent pictures
of them - especially with the different angles.

I would definitely suggest a faster paced music for use with the
fellrunning (it sort of put it all in slow motion).

All in all, very well done !!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Loweswater Show - English Lake District (long!)

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:25 am

cankita wrote:I realise that it may be too long for the web and for those who don't know the subject but it was made as a record for family and friends who spent the whole day at the show (not just 16 minutes!) and it works well as a DVD. I only posted it here as an afterthought and to see whether I might be spurred on to make another or give up entirely!

I am not sure that I have the photos for 'fast' music but I'll have a look. How long should it be before it gets 'too long'?

Les, I should have said that I understood this was a show for friends and family and that its length reflected this. As for being spurred on, consider yourself having been given a huge shove to do a whole lot more!

Fast music doesn't necessarily have what I was talking about. It's more the complicated kinds of rhythms you might find in jazz or some of the better rock groups, most of whom seem to have existed in the sixties and seventies. (Big sigh.)

Barbara

cankita

Postby cankita » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:24 am

BarbaraC wrote: most of whom seem to have existed in the sixties and seventies. (Big sigh.)

Then I should be right at home! Take me back there!

Les

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:42 pm

cankita wrote:Then I should be right at home! Take me back there!Les

Excellent! How about giving a try to the same sort of thing I'm working on right now, which is to pick a favorite melody and then imagine a show to go with it. I picked "Flute Thing" by The Blues Project from a large collection of favorites because it suddenly reminded me of feathers, and I happen to collect feathers for no particularly good reason. As soon as I quit tweaking it, I'll upload the show to Photodex and post the link so everyone can see how peculiar I am.

But what will I do for "Frankenstein" by Edgar Winter? Emerson, Lake, & Palmer's rendition of "Pictures at an Exhibition"? How about a little Hendrix?

Thinking music first and pictures second seems to put one in an altered state which then leads to very strange picture-taking episodes.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:19 pm

Yeah, that was how I got to my "seasoned eatings" show :D

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:26 pm

gpsmikey wrote:Yeah, that was how I got to my "seasoned eatings" show :D mikey

Is it possible that wide smiles are an indication of insanity?

B.

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:58 pm

BarbaraC wrote:
gpsmikey wrote:Yeah, that was how I got to my "seasoned eatings" show :D mikey

Is it possible that wide smiles are an indication of insanity?

B.

Yes !! In my case, it runs in the family --- I got it from
my kids :D

mikey

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback