911 World Trade Center

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

911 World Trade Center

Postby GabBill » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:13 am

I know many of you have seen this show before. I first created it in late 2005 and posted it here in July 2006. But for those who have not seen it or if you want to see it again, I thought today, the sixth anniversary of the attacks, would be an appropriate time to repost it for those who might be interested.

This is not a fancy show. No gee whiz intros or effects. It's a show that depicts in three parts the stark and disturibing events of September 11, 2001 and days and weeks afterwards. The first part is cnetered around the attacks. Part two concentrates on the heros both lost and those working on rescue, recovery and clearance of the site. Part three is a memorial tribute to those lost. The efforts of all will not be forgotten.

It was made in 2.6, runs around 11-12 minutes.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3911&alb=0

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Postby marmart » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:21 am

Bill, I remember when you first posted this show and watching it today on the aniversary of 9/11 was just as powerful.

Thanks for reminding us to never forget.

Peace,

Mary

vciro

Thanks...

Postby vciro » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:38 am

Bill,
I am pretty new to this forum and have not seen this before. I remember standing in my office watching this unfold. I had a friend who called his mom from the tower and said goodbye because he and his other brother were going out the window together to avoid the flames. I also remember my "brothers" who died in the Beirut barracks attack.

Thanks for sharing this. It is very well done. We should [url]NEVER FORGET[/url]!

Semper Fi,

Postby GabBill » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:01 am

Hi Mary,
Nice to see you around again. It's been a while. I remember you and I discussing this show.

Thanx for watching it again.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Postby GabBill » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:09 am

Hey Vinny,
While I was never a Marine, Vinny, Semper Fi, always faithful.

I also remmeber watching the attacks from the front steps of my office in Brooklyn. Very scary being so close and feeling so helpless, so scared, so angry. Angry that someone had taken down MY TOWERS. OUR TOWERS. I watched those towers go up and watched them fall. I miss them terribly. I miss riding across the Verrazano bridge and looking at them, standing out against the skyline. It was an attack against not only New York, but the entire nation...the world.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:48 am

Bill, yes - that is a powerful show. I bet we all can remember exactly what we were doing when the news came accross. I was driving my tractor trailer down Greenbriar Parkway in Chesapeake, Virginia when the news came accross my radio. I refused to believe it until I got home to see the images on my TV. Blessings to all, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Producer Addict

Powerful & Moving

Postby Producer Addict » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:46 am

Well done Bill.

LET US NEVER FORGET THIS DAY!

To all those who gave their lives as rescuers: Jesus said: "No Greater Love hath a man than this, that he give up his life for his friends."

Send an e-mail to your local police and fire departments and thank them for their service.

Remembering . . .

Postby SandyB » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:23 pm

Bill,

I watched your show in '06 and remember the impact. I'm glad you posted it again.

May we always remember the horrors of the attack and the heros that gave so much, many their lives.
A sobering and an important memorial tribute.

Gratefully,
Sandy

My attempt

Postby lewist » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:15 pm

Hello everyone,

A month or two after 9/11, I also put a show together to remember the horrific tragedy of that day. My attempt was slightly different then Bill’s. I choose or manipulated photos to become harsh and used only the cut transition to try to induce additional unease. I think I may have been too successful, after a while it is difficult to watch.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3143&alb=0

I have this on my site as a demo but thinking about taking it down, it still contains demo info.

Postby GabBill » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:51 am

Hi Lewis,
It's good to see another perspective. That was a horrible day. You did a good job of depicting it. As many of the pictures were public, we had some dupes. Also a powerful show.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Postby lewist » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:01 am

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback