Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
lostdutchman

Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Postby lostdutchman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:08 pm

Minor updates.

Last Saturday my wife and I spend 4 hours (from 10 a.m till 2 p.m. -- the heat of the day)
at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson. This cultural treasure is part botanical
garden, part zoo, part research center, part educational, and all enjoyment. We go once a
month through the year to observe the changes in the desert. No, we don't have four
seasons, but different plants put out on their shows at different times of the year. One just
needs to look closely to appreciate the changes. Some are subtle. We have been in our
rainy season since the middle of July. We'll get half our our yearly 12 inches of rain in July
and August. So right now much is green and lush -- well as lush as it can be here.

Here is my interpretation of the day (updated with a few caption changes and music on the first slide):
www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2862709&alb=0

It is 8:32, 34.5mb

Camera: Canon Powershot A510.

Ken
Last edited by lostdutchman on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:19 am

Nicely done - I felt like I just spent some time visiting there!

Debbie

Postby cherub » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:38 am

Very nice. Some very beautiful shots there.
I was wondering if you made the show for the museum or for yourself. If for the museum then I can understand all the detailed explanations and praise, on emphasized captions.
Thank you for sharing.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 am

Nice job Ken .......

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby KellyInAz » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:34 am

I can't believe you went in August!! About the hotest time of year ever. Thanks for brining me back to one of my favorite places in my state.

Kelly
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."

Thomas Jefferson

lostdutchman

Postby lostdutchman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:49 am

cherub wrote:Very nice. Some very beautiful shots there.
I was wondering if you made the show for the museum or for yourself.
If for the museum then I can understand all the detailed explanations and praise, on emphasized captions.
Thank you for sharing.

I did this for my own benefit. I just got Producer a couple of weeks ago and am eager to "master" it. (ha!)
I figure the best way is to stay up late every night trying one effect or the other. So on Saturday we
went to the Desert Museum and I took my camera and spent the next several evenings putting the
show together.

My ulterior motive is that I have to produce a show for my church in October. It will have "explanation captions"
and try to capture the multitude ways our members are active in our community. So, rather than
a straight artistic presentation, I'm really interested in doing a "corporate identity" one.

After receiving feed back from ProShow Enthusiasts, I will remake the show, and I will send a link to
the Desert Museum for their entertainment as a courtesy.

The praise is easy to give because it is truly one of my favorite places.
Ken

Postby kaylef » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:55 am

Great show Ken.

I loved all the wildlife that was featured, in particular the hummingbirds. It was nice you captioned what they were, very helpful.

It's wonderful to watch all these mini travelogues, cheaper than going there! I know I wouldnt be there in August - I'd melt like the wicked witch in OZ.

Kay

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:38 am

Nice Ken - those hummingbirds can be tough -- they only have
two speeds: hover and gone !! ( I was busy getting some shots
of the hummers we have around here yesterday ). Beautiful
country, but sure different from what I am used to up in the
Seattle area !!. I am going to have to visit there someday.
Nice job putting it together and the music fit nicely.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback