"Pearl"

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Producer Addict

"Pearl"

Postby Producer Addict » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:45 pm

On December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor was savagely attacked by Japanese Naval Forces initiating the start of WW11.

My dad was right in the thick of it. He joined the Navy when he was just 17. He spent 2 years in Hawaii and served on several different ships. Two of those ships were sunk soon after he was transferred off of them.

This show is in memory of those who fought in that terrible conflict. We must never allow this to happen again.

I myself served in the U.S. Air Force in Bien Hoa Vietnam.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 1020&alb=0

Postby HunnyB » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:28 am

I enjoyed your show. Sound effects were cleaver.
My dad died in 2004 at 82. He was in WWII in the Army.
First to parachute on D-Day. So naturally, I liked your show.
:D

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby bigsewed » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:20 am

Very well done...
My father-in-law was there too...

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:54 am

Nice job .... thanks.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:29 am

Looks like we have something in common.
(I enjoy doing documentaries too.)

Nice choice of music.

I wish the sound effects were not quite as loud, and here is my reason why... The music was powerful and appropriate, but I had to turn it down because the sound effects would be way too loud for my old ears - the music is your best friend for the soundtrack - the effects should be like adding salt and pepper - lightly.

In the beginning, you used a lot of captions but by the ending there were hardly any... In a documentary, the captions help teach and add interest.

Very enjoyable, nice job.

~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

lisco

Postby lisco » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:57 pm

Good Show! My dad served in the Navy during WWII and I served in the Navy during Desert Storm. So, I really enjoyed the pictures you have. I do have to agree with Al in saying the sometimes the effects are a little overpowering. They should be background noise. Sometimes they were louder than the music. The music was a great choice. Turn down the special effects and I think you have a winner. Just my 2 pennies.

Scott

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback