"Trevor's 1st Birthday"

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

A leap of faith

Postby alcain » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:41 am

Debbie, you do have "the eye". But lack self confidence in your selling abilities. You are probably much better than you think you are. You may even be a better photographer than I am but you lack one thing... as the lion said in the "Wizard of Oz, the nerve." Sure, sometimes I think I may have gone over my head, but I remain calm, professional looking, and take LOTS of pictures. (A fashion photographers trick - If you take 1000 pictures, odds are that at least some of them will be great.) I have faith in you and your abilities. I would pay you to do my wedding, without hesitation. One thing about weddings, the next time someone you know is getting married, bite the bullet and ask them if you can come as a "free" photographer instead as a guest (assuming you are not the Maid of Honor!). The "pro" will not mind - he has already made his money. Just keep clear of his shooting but watch and listen to him. Most are really nice prople and if you tell him what you are doing, will give you tons of tips. Shoot lots of photos and take them home and make a slide show as a wedding gift for the couple. When you watch your show through the eyes of the couple, your confidence will grow. When I did my first HUGE wedding, at a very impressive historic museum of art, my wife was worried. After she saw my photographs and my show she told me - you can photograph anything. Debbie, you can do it. ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:39 am

I have to agree with Al on this one Debbie -- I certainly would not
have any problem hiring you to photograph some important event
for me.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:00 am

Mikey and Al,

You two are nice to say that but a more accurate assesment of my skills would be that I still have a bit of work to do on my technique. :shock:

I think I can do an adequate job for some occasions. I would call most of my images average at best.

I'm likely too critical of my own stuff yes - probably because I spend too much time looking at beautiful high-end wedding pictures and wishing I could produce such images that evoke so much emotion. I also need some more skill in post processing.

In addition, many of those wedding photogs only use lenses with f/2.8 or less and I only own one of those for now.... I'm not happy with the results I get with my 17-85 in low light - it really does not do well. I can't decide exactly what to replace it with.

I can't handle any more assignments on my plate anyways for now. LOL

Thanks again.

Debbie

Postby nannybear » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:46 pm

Excellent shots Deb! You will get where you want to go no problem. as for production you did an awesome job on the sow. Hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback