Castle Araya 1978

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
RafaSan

Castle Araya 1978

Postby RafaSan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:12 pm

Hi.

I wanted to share the video (4:41) I made with some old photos, that I find in the closet.
The original photos are not good, need to scanned, and in photoshop make some changes (adjust color level).

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9252&alb=0

Rafael Sanchis
Last edited by RafaSan on Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Neat show

Postby alcain » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:34 pm

Rafael,

Nice opening.
Nice choice of music.
Bravo for sticking with ONE transition type!
Good use of templates.
Loved the clouds moving behind the rock!
Nice ending.
Photographs worked well, giving an old tyme flavor to the show.

Nicely done.

~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

RafaSan

Postby RafaSan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:43 pm

Thanks Al for your comments.

The Original Photos lost a lot of color but the final result are not bad at all.

The trip was in 1978 one year before graduating to Architect, Pleasant trip we shared pleasing moments.

Rafael Sanchis

lostdutchman

felicitación

Postby lostdutchman » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:40 pm

Congratulations, Rafa,

Earlier I sent you a congratulations, but in Portuguese. I thought you were in Brazil, but I see you're in Venezuela.

You've really done a great job of masking. I'm envious.

The picture of the three guys holding the fish is priceless. Nice effect to divide it into three, then reveal the fish.

I'd really like to know how you did the small pictures scrolling down the left side and up the right side. Wonderfully done. I can imagine lots of uses for this effect.

I also watched your show "My First Communion." Loved the guitar music.

Ken

lisco

Postby lisco » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:13 pm

Rafa-

I loved the show. I am a big fan of old pictures. Don't know that much about them, but you made them work well. Good job.

Scott

RafaSan

Postby RafaSan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Thanks Scott.
The castle is in Venezuela and was constructed by the Spaniards in 1625.

Rafael Sanchis

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:30 pm

A very nicely done and well composed show Rafael. I liked the opening and closing segments that brought it all together and as Al said, you didn't overdo the transitions!

I'm surprised you didn't take advantage of the color restore button as you scanned the pics if your scanner has that feature. It would have saved you some time going back to fix that for now. Maybe it would have not given you as precise a color fix compared to doing it in Photoshop but it's surprising how much color it brings back into the older images.

Anyways, still a good show nevertheless.

I may try a show with your color-blocking style intro someday.

Debbie

RafaSan

Postby RafaSan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Debbie.

Thanks for your comments, and too for your tips about the color restore button, I´m not sure if my scanner has that feature, (HP Scanjet 3800 and VueScan Software) I will take your suggestion.

The photos them lack much color are very yellow, photoshow sorprise me making the work that did.

Thank Debbie.

Rafael Sanchis

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:50 pm

I believe Hamrick has a number of restore features burried in
Vuescan -- I have a copy, but have not played with it for a while,
but I do remember it had all sorts of neat things in it !! He updated
it (or used to anyway) fairly often and is fairly responsive to email.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:54 pm

Hope I didn't confuse you about the "button". I meant that if the software you use with your scanner has some adjustment features, then you could try it on an old faded color photo. I use an Epson 2580 and the software has several adjustment features you can apply to the image as you scan it such as sharpening (unsharp mask), color restoral, histogram type level adjustments and such. I preview the scanned image and click them off and on to see if I want it to apply that feature with the scan or decide if I want to do it all in Photoshop (Elements is what I use).

Debbie

RafaSan

Postby RafaSan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi Mikey

Thank appreciate your help.
I will try to contact it.

Rafael Sanchis

RafaSan

Postby RafaSan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi again Debbie

No is OK I understand you, I use VueScan Software, The software have a lot of adjustment features, but I can´t review all them, I scanned the photos with the default options in the VueScan Software.

But how you said I spend some time and I will take your suggestion, only need more time. Appreciate your help.

Thanks Debbie

Rafael Sanchis

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

I'm so jealous

Postby alcain » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:11 am

Must be nice being able to see colors that accurately.
I'm color blind in one eye, and can't see 'tall out of the other...
(My wife helps me with the colors)

... Poor Old "One Eyed Al"
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback