Approaching Final Goodbye

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Postby Scooter » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:58 pm

Hi Pauline,

It was AWESOME! Well done. I shed a tear. In my book, that makes it a keeper.
"If you listen to the pictures, you'll see the music."

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:10 pm

Thanks Scooter, I'm feeling more confident now that it will be cherished by his family and received well at the service. I'm feeling sad because it was only a couple of months ago that he dropped in when I was at mum's for lunch and appeared to be well. I guess there weren't any real signs until it was too late (liver and pancreas cancer).

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:00 pm

Excellent -- wouldn't change a thing in it (sniff sniff ..)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Producer Addict

Awaiting final goodbye

Postby Producer Addict » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:46 pm

Pauline, Very touching.

Tom

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:00 pm

Wonderful show and very touching.

Postby dcbyrne » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:46 pm

Hello Pauline,
I agree with Debbie on the shaking of "help" perhaps a pulse would work better. Give it a sort of help, help feel instead of a scary kind of help. Only one other part was distracting to me. The very last slide when the book was closing there was only about half of his wife that showed. Without equally framing them both at the start I would crop his picture in a photo editing program and close the book with his photo only as you did in the beginning of the show. Other than that I thought the show was excellent. A great tribute to this man and very nice of you to do it for them. I'm sure everone will love it just as it is. My comments are only suggestions. After making Comic Relief after Comic Relief you can see I'm no expert. These are just a couple of thing that caught my eye. Thanks for sharing.

Best regards,
Douglas

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:06 am

Thanks to you all for taking time to watch and comment. Douglas, you may be right about cropping out his wife - I like things to stay uniform so it makes sense to end it only on him. I was nervous about sharing this show but have realised what a supportive group of people you all are. Your suggestions and compliments have been much appreciated.

Postby jeanc » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi Pauline,
My husband and I think you did wonderful in presenting this gentleman's life. It brought tears to our eyes. The warmth and love of this kind man came through. I'm surprised you would have ever hesitated in sharing it with us. What a beautiful tribute and sad that he didn't get to see it.

Jean

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi Jean

I appreciate your kind words. My parents saw him yesterday in hospital and came out with a lump in their throats. Isn't it funny how we can somehow feel so much emotion for someone even when we don't know them well. I really only saw him occasionally but doing this show has really brought my emotions to the surface.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:19 pm

Hi everyone

Just a little footnote to those of you who watched this show. Frans passed away yesterday so the end really did come quickly for him. I've been to the funeral home to check that the dvd works fine, and all went well. In fact, they asked me for brochures so that others may have shows done. Great! Hopefully more work :D

Postby dcbyrne » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:35 pm

Hello Pauline,
I'm sorry to hear of his passing. It was nice to see your tribute to him, thanks, you did a great job.

Douglas

Postby debngar » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Pauline,

So sorry about your friend. I'm glad your show worked out well for those involved and hope you get some additional ones to do for others.

Debbie

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:19 pm

Thanks guys

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:35 pm

Sorry to hear of your friends passing. Whenever we lose someone
close to us, we lose a piece of ourselves too in some ways but it does
make us a better person in the end. I'm sure the family will really
appreciate what you have done.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby nannybear » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Excellent job Pauline, I echo all the sentiments above. The family will love what you have done and treasure it . Hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback