Approaching Final Goodbye

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Pauline

Approaching Final Goodbye

Postby Pauline » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi everyone

This show has been a little sad to produce as the old man it's for is dying of cancer. He requested the show be made for his funeral which doctors say may be in the next 2-3 months or so. He wanted to see the show before passing, but is deteriorating so quickly that his wife says he is now in no frame of mind for anything anymore.

I'd like any comments or constructive critisism so that the show will be special for the service and his family. It goes for just under 9 minutes but is a little heavy due to several 'hotcakes' avi's. Thanks to all of you who watch.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8085&alb=0
Last edited by Pauline on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:07 pm

P.S. Just want to say a big thank you to those members whose templates or masks I have 'borrowed' for this show :D

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:59 pm

Don't know why, but it's not working.
Pressing on the word Celebration doesn't activate the show.
I even downloaded it to my computer and nothing. Sorry.

Postby weldr » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:12 pm

Doesn't work over here. Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:30 pm

OK, thanks for letting me know of the problem. I'll check that the caption is set to "Play". Please bare with me as I think this means I need to upload the show again...

Postby trulytango » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi Pauline

I tried but I was unable to view the show... I saved a copy to my hard drive too.

When you uploaded the show to Photodex, did you use the 'Customize Menu' option within the 'Menus' tab? If that is the case, then you need also to assign an action to your chosen caption by going to the 'Captions' tab and the 'Caption Action' section - choose 'Play a show' and make sure your show name is showing in the 'Destination' window.

Regards
Iris
UK

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:53 am

Here we go - the menu didn't have the play action! Here's the link, thanks for your patience

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8085&alb=0

Postby cherub » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:35 am

No good.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:32 am

Hi Cherub

I've just checked and it plays fine for me. Takes awhile to buffer, and starts with a black screen but plays well.

Postby cherub » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:26 am

Yes Pauline, it's working, my mistake. I was still pressing on the word Celebration instead of on his name.
Both titles look like action captions, so it's a bit confusing.

Nice presentation. You certainly made good use of those videos. I liked the album effect. Somehow the closing of the album was more natural than the opening, or so it seamed to me.
Some very nice effect there.

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:34 am

I was able to view by hitting the pause/play button when all else fails...

The concept of the opening and ending were nice.

I might tone down the action on the captions and make them fit the feel of the slow pace of the show. I'm just not sure about the shaking action of say for instance the "help".

I haven't decided if I liked a couple of the quotes the way they appeared/designed/positioned - with the words on top of other words. It made them hard to read and confusing, sort of looked like it wasn't meant to be that way. I had to pause the show and go back to figure out the word "Himself" to understand it ("A Father Sees" etc. )

Make sure they check to see how it plays on whatever equipment is provided at the venue a few days ahead of time if possible. It should turn out just fine but you just never know. You made a treasure of his life they will love and remember.

It's sad he wasn't able to view it while he could better absorb it.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:39 am

Pauline,

I was able to watch most of your show .. but it got hung up at the beginning of the second song. (maybe because I haven't updated my Presenter yet) You have a nice show with good use of stills and video. One thing I might have done a little differently: You have a lot of Black and white photos all with black backgrounds. I might have used either a gradient background or a color background on some of those .... just my own preference. I will try to watch the conclusion of the show later in the day ...

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

My honest thoughts

Postby alcain » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:01 pm

Pauline,

I watched this show, pretending that I was sitting there at his memorial service, not as the nit picking critiquer that I normally am...

There are a few issues with very minor details but ya know what...

The show is absolutely heartwarming and evokes the love that everyone feels for this man.
Music is fantastic. Images are quite appropriate. Transitions unobtrusive.

I vote to keep it just the way it is. (It almost brought tears to my eyes for this man.)

Blessings, ~al

————————
Notice: This review / comment / critique of your show is strictly my own personal opinion. I may visualize this show one way, and someone else will see it entirely differently. My comments and suggestions are only thoughts of how I might have done it differently, and are by no means, a statement of dislike for your work. You have a reason for doing the show the way you did, and I do respect and honor that. Please take my comments and suggestions with a grain of salt. If I have made a suggestion that you can use, then my review will be of some value. If I have made a suggestion that you do not agree with, then please just disregard this review. My only intent in reviewing shows on this user group is to provide users with another view / insight / and opinion. That’s what user groups are for. Please do not take this review personally, we are professionals and as such, are above petty bickering. Thank you for taking the time to read this review, and I thank you for sharing your work with all of us.
AB Cain
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Al,

That would be tears to my "eye"

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:28 pm

Hi everyone

Thanks for all taking the time to watch this show. I appreciate all the suggestions given and will take another close look at it before doing the final burn.
Frans has now gone into hospital for good and his mind has gone so that he's now asking to go back home (Holland) although he hasn't lived there since a boy. I hope he will be at peace soon.

I think I tried to avoid the show being too sad but rather a celebration of all he's had in life, but I may at least change the colour of those shaking captions! I agree degngar, maybe the quotes could be typed instead to make them more readable. Bob, thanks for your b/w suggestions, will think about that one too. Al, for some reason I began reading your post with baited breath! :wink: But... I'm pleased you like it and appreciate your kind words!

Thanks again

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback