My first posting of a show- wedding

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Davesconnect

My first posting of a show- wedding

Postby Davesconnect » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:10 am

Hey all

I have been playing around for a while doing shows, but this the first time I have shared one.
My thanks to a lot of others on this forum for some ideas I borrowed (pinched)in particular a couple of songs that Icehole used in his recent wedding show.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm not completely 100% content with it. I don't have six months to do it though!
I wanted the images and the emotion they envoke to be the primary focus, not the effects.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Hope you like.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3597&alb=0

Dave
Ps Its in wide screen so its future proof(Its amazing the how much greater the impact of the show is in wide screen and a large TV)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:51 am

Hi Dave,

An excellent show, your 'perfectionism' is evident. The effects you used did not distract from the 'photos',
and gave them the emotion you wanted to invoke. I thought just a few of the 'photos could have been a bit
larger, too much screen space with these. Otherwise, a well done, most enjoyable presentation.

Brenda

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:05 am

Brenda
Thank you for reply. I will take note of this in the future.

Dave

Présentation

Postby mimi33 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:07 am

Hello Dave, Very good presentation.
Many ideas in the sequences. It is very pleasant with the eye.
All that is the fruit of a real emotion and a search for perfection.
Thank you for that.
mimi33

Postby jeanc » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:39 am

Loved it! Beautiful photos ..... show had a great feel and I really liked your use of transitions.

Smiles,
Jean

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Comments

Postby alcain » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Wonderful Photography.
Loved the "w i d e s c r e e n"
Lots of beautiful smiles :D
Interesting "non traditional" music choices.
Boy do they look happy! (I type my critique as I watch...)
Interesting "crops".
Yep, this show "Tells a story". Nicely done.
The text "I promise you" seemed a bit "showy". I'd like to see it presented less conspicuous. (Just my preference).
Hmmmm... the next slide where the crowd is waving... The slow music didn't "fit" the mood of that shot... and the ones after...
Again, the photography is awesome. Did you have to do much posing, or did they come up with all of those wonderful memory shots?
Just my crazy idea... what if you switched "This will be" song with the preceeding slower one? (Just a thought...)
I thouroughly enjoyed it.
Thank you for sharing!

~al

————————
Notice: This review / comment / critique of your show is strictly my own personal opinion. I may visualize this show one way, and someone else will see it entirely differently. My comments and suggestions are only thoughts of how I might have done it differently, and are by no means, a statement of dislike for your work. You have a reason for doing the show the way you did, and I do respect and honor that. Please take my comments and suggestions with a grain of salt. If I have made a suggestion that you can use, then my review will be of some value. If I have made a suggestion that you do not agree with, then please just disregard this review. My only intent in reviewing shows on this user group is to provide users with another view / insight / and opinion. That’s what user groups are for. Please do not take this review personally, we are professionals and as such, are above petty bickering. Thank you for taking the time to read this review, and I thank you for sharing your work with all of us.
AB Cain
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:38 pm

Thank you Mimi33 and Jean for viewing the show. great to know it was enjoyed. :D
To Al thank you for taking the time to comment, I will try out your suggestions.(always looking to improve.)
I did get them to do a bit of posing on the beach. It made my job so easy because they were so happy, which obviously came across in the images.
I was a bit worried about the bright sun blowing out the highlights, But I needn't have been because my Nikon equipment was equal to it.(plug)
God bless
Dave

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:54 pm

Dave,

Great show. Loved the photos and the music. The video had a nice pace to it.

Thanks for sharing.

Kelly

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:49 am

Thank you Kelly. Glad you liked it. :D

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:33 am

Hello Dave,

Great show, great use of matting, transitions, etc. Love the "artsy" photo composition. If you're looking for critiques as well, my own personal opinion is there are way too many slanted images. Slanted images work great for impact when they're the exception from the norm. Even toning down the angles would be useful if you still wanted to use them.

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:12 am

I too, thoroughly enjoyed your show. The pictures were great along with the music. The happiness of the couple showed through from beginning to end. I have to agree with Mac though, I thought there were too many slanted images. Again, just another opinion. Thanks for sharing.

sail978

Postby sail978 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:36 am

Very nice show with some wonderful photography. Nice job on the use of b/w to color and the framing of a close up and going full frame.

However, I agree that there are too many angled shots. It's not natural on the eye and when used too much, starts to look gimmicky. I also didn't see the purpose of the I promise you. It didn't fit in. Same with 'beautiful'.

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Thanks guys for your comments.

I have looked at it again and yeah I probably over did the angle shots. Will tone it down next time.

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi Dave,

I don't know how I missed your wedding show - handsome couple, beautiful images and wonderful scenery with which you had to shoot that wedding!

Funny, when I started to hear that song "This Will Be" I couldn't help but think of the E-Harmony.com commercial they play over and over here in the States all the time. Thought I was going to be watching a commercial for a minute! :lol:

I loved your combination of images/collage compositions. Wow. Effects were nice and not overdone in particular. The little wink at the end was cute too. I was thinking you were going to end with a shot of the couple but certainly ok that you did something different. I'm kind of partial to shows ending with what I call the money shot - the groom dipping the bride. But everyone has their own different style and way of doing things and that's ok.

I know what you mean about being a perfectionist. But don't beat yourself up just to tweak things over and over again. There are so many variables when making slideshows and not just one perfect way to do it. I think the B&G will love the show if you leave it as is or if you decide to change it a little.

Thanks for sharing your show with us. You did a good job telling the story of their special day. I felt like I was there (or maybe wished I was anyways!) :wink:

Debbie G.

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:29 am

Thank you Debbie, im glad you liked it. The place where the wedding took place plus the obviously very happy couple helped with how the images came out.
Funny you are the only person who mentioned the "wink" at the end. I think most people missed it.

Like you said I could tweak forever and ever. The B&G don't notice some of the little things, that we do.

Once again thank you
Dave

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback