My first posting of a show- wedding

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

The Wink

Postby debngar » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:02 am

I like to try to insert surprises at the beginning, middle and end of my shows so I often look for them in other people's productions.

The wink is easy to miss if you blink or are not looking at that part of the image. I almost missed it the first time, saw it out of the corner of my eye, did a double-take and quickly hit the pause to go back to the beginning of that slide to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Once the last slide in a show has finished playing, you can't go to previous slide to re-view it and have to go through the whole show again which is time consuming.

That image stays on the screen kind of a long time that I can remember. Maybe show the whole image, then (introduce a mask?) isolate that area in attempt to bring the viewer's attention toward it better to help assure they don't miss it. I don't know if a mask is the best way to approach it but find some way to accomplish that. I know you tried to do that by zooming in on that area but it's still too easy to miss.

It would be a shame if the audience misses the effect because then the show ends on that image which is not as dramatic or beautiful as the rest of your images. IMHO - either assure they don't miss it one way or another or change the image to a more typical one of the couple or something. If you decide to use a different image, maybe you can insert the wink slide earlier on in a different place.

Im just not sure the ending is as strong as it could be.

This is just my 2 cents... :wink:

eep

Postby eep » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:15 am

From the Netherlands

A perfect show, my compliments

Greetings Ab

www.digital-world.nl

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:34 pm

Hello Dave,
I just loved it. What a wonderful show. To me everything was great from start to finish. I thought the music complemented the show very well and especially the words matching some of the slides in the song, This I promise You. Thanks for posting your show.

Douglas

Producer Addict

Wedding show

Postby Producer Addict » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Dave, I have been working with PSP for a while now and I have watched all of Mark Ridouts shows many times as well as many of the shows here inorder to be able to put a great show together for my sons wedding last month. This show was one of the very best I have seen. Absolutely wonderful photography. Especially the beach scenes. I truly loved every bit of it, and I'm sure the couple did too. Congatulations on a job well done.

I look forward to your next wedding show.

Tom in Utah

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:18 pm

Tom, Douglas and Ab, Thank you I really appreciate your comments.

I decided to leave the show as is. Tweaked it to much already. I have just given it to the B&G. They viewed it, and I have never received such an emotional response. They were absolutley over the moon with it. The groom even had tears in his eyes. This is what it is all about!

Once again I would like to let everyone here on this forum know how much I appreciate the willingness to share ideas, and the affimation that is also given freely. AWESOME!!! :D :D

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:38 am

Well Dave, Like Deb said "I don't know how I missed this one".
Excellent show - kept my interest very well (and I easily lose
interest at weddings ! ) I did love his shirt at the end :D

Weddings are very tough to make interesting and attention
holding for anybody except the B&G and a few close ones. This
one did it for me and I don't know any of them. I liked
the use of the slanted pictures - they can work very well
under the right conditions - a definite tilt helps hold the
attention and adds to the interest - it is the pictures that
are off by 5 degrees that drive people nuts.

I would not change anything in this show :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:49 am

Thank you Mike. Apprreciate the time you took watching and commenting.

Dave 8)

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback