"A Visit To Bird Nest House" - Final edit

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

"A Visit To Bird Nest House" - Final edit

Postby debngar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi folks,

No new or fancy effects here - just a view of our surroundings during an
overnight stay at a B&B in Tahoe last month.

I was getting bored using only plain transitions so you may think I
over did the transitions a bit - but that's ok if you do. :roll: LOL

The place we stayed at was quite dark inside. The images of the room in the show were taken on a tripod with very long exposure. Actually they were almost too long I think but hard to figure that out until you get them home and on the computer screen for closer scrutiny.

My newly purchased 10-22 lens would have been nice for the interiors but didn't arrive until
late the next day after we got back. :cry:

There are a few cut outs, one multi-layered key frame sequence and a funny little thing at
the end.

--------------
--------------
FINAL (3rd) edit. The bird animation slide in the middle is finished to my liking and I removed the last image as suggested. This is a new FINAL link to replace the 2nd one.)

"A Visit To Bird Nest House" - Length 3:13 - no video
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6532&alb=0
--------------
--------------

Debbie G.
Last edited by debngar on Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:28 pm

I liked it -- I wanna go (of course, after work today, I wanna go
anywhere ... else !!). Nice pix and good job of putting it together.
How come no pictures of you in the huge tub though ?? :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:39 pm

Pretty funny Mikey :shock:

Another photo group I belong to has some traditional requirement to post a shower shot of some kind for members who reach #1 status on PBASE. Fat chance you will see me doing that though. I've only posted a couple of images. Most everyone elses images are so much better than mine. :roll:

Thanks for watching.

Debbie

kjohnsenwi

Postby kjohnsenwi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:49 pm

Very cute. I especially liked the heart cut-out. Looked like a great weekend and a fun show! I didn't find the transitions distracting, actually. The bird was a really cute idea but something about it looked a bit unnatural....maybe a better flight path or removing the legs would help.? Thanks for sharing!

Kelly

Postby debngar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Yea, I feel the same about the bird too. I suppose I could try removing the legs and see what that would look like, but then he'd be wingless and I thought that would look wierd too. I didn't have an image of him (or any other bird) with wings spread out or else I would have played with that to animate it better. Maybe I should have tried to make him hop into the nest instead of sliding him through the hole. LOL

Debbie G.
Last edited by debngar on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sail978

Postby sail978 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:53 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed your show. It was fun and well paced. Okay, the bird looked a little weird. He definitely needs some wings!

Postby debngar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:02 pm

Well then, maybe I'll just nickname him "Cuckoo Bird". LOL

sail978

Postby sail978 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:09 pm

Speaking of cuckoo birds, you could have him in the bird house and have him poke his head out.

Postby debngar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:18 pm

I tried working with that solution first - all sorts of ways.

I cut the hole out of the image and sandwiched him in between the original image and the png file one with the hole cut out but it just didn't look right or natural either. I tried incorporating a mask also to cover up the outside of the hole too but it just didn't seem to come together quite right.

If there is a better solution other than what I've tried, I'm happy to hear about it.

Ah well. I think the image/slide needs a bird in it. It's sort of blah without the live element to accompany the composition. But he is awkward no doubt.

I have not seen any of your shows yet. Do you have any links?

Debbie

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:46 pm

Deb -- if you want to try having one peer out of the nest, here
is another picture of a steller jay you are welcome to play with ...
down at the bottom of this page, just right click the image and
save as (I just happened to have some pix of them from the front
yard I took a while back) ...

http://home.comcast.net/~mr.gadget2/

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

sail978

Postby sail978 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi Debbie,

Yeah, the only way that I can think of doing it would be to create a duplicate of the photo in photoshop or whatever and create a transparent area in the opening of the bird house and place it as a layer. I don't know if this is technically called a mask in PSP but I think you know what I mean. I do mostly video editing and working with keyframing and masks is a bit different.

I've been using PSG for about three years and just recently upgraded to PSP. Most of the slideshows that I've done with PSG are fairly simple. My focus has really been on video. I'm hoping to do more with PSP but I'm having a hard time adjusting from using my video editing software (as I said the keyframing is very different) to using PSP. I'm not really satisfied with what I've done so far - it's a process. LOL.

Postby debngar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:03 pm

Mikey,

Gee, thanks. I don't know if I'll be able to make him work better but he is surely more handsome than mine! LOL

I saw that your beloved dog passed away recently. I'm so sorry. He was handsome.

I had to put my little Italian Greyhound "Niles" down on June 29th - two days after yours went to the Rainbow Bridge. I had him since he was about 5. He was 13, no teeth, plate in his leg (since he was 2), blind in one eye and the other one would go in and out of working condition. He also had cancer that was no doubt affecting his vital organs near the end. The last few months he had lost about half his body weight (to 4.4 lbs) and I just couldn't see postponing the inevitable since he was literally skin and bones when we finally decided to let him go.

Somewhere down the road I want to try and put a memorial together but I just haven't quite had the right creative inspiration to do it yet.

Thanks again! :)

Debbie G.
Last edited by debngar on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:26 pm

Thanks -- yeah, it was tough (still is). Sorry about yours, we definitely
know how you feel. Anyway, if you have not seen this
one, it was a nice one for her mothers dog. I will put something together
for mine, just have not quite figured out what or how yet, but have some
ideas. check out this one (there is a great quote in there too ) ...

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8360&alb=0

I know some people say "oh, it was just an animal", well, my "animal"
was definitely a family member and is missed by all of our family
(parents AND kids). Very good natured and great with kids and adults.

mikey

icehole

Postby icehole » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:42 am

Loved your show Debbie, makes me want to go there.

Regards
Paul
Australia

Sail978

Postby debngar » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:55 am

I've been using PSG for about three years and just recently upgraded to PSP. Most of the slideshows that I've done with PSG are fairly simple. My focus has really been on video. I'm hoping to do more with PSP but I'm having a hard time adjusting from using my video editing software (as I said the keyframing is very different) to using PSP. I'm not really satisfied with what I've done so far - it's a process.

I can understand why some people are reluctant to share their shows. :shock:

Nothing wrong with simple if you like that.

IMHO - Simple can be done well or simple can be done boring.

I think my style often leans toward the simple.

I try to establish some kind of story sequence and include a little surprise here and there to keep viewer interest which seems to work well.

So you are not comfortable sharing your Photodex browse member name for us to see your shows regardless? There are shows done in Gold I've seen that are fine productions. :D

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback