"A Visit To Bird Nest House" - Final edit

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Postby cherub » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:44 am

A very pleasant show, Debbie. I enjoyed it a lot.
Three remarks if I may:
1. With that bird: You don t have to go all the way to 0 on the X, when you turn its head. You can go to 2-3 and then turn. It will look more natural, I think.
2. In the frame with the sunset (last slide), version 3.01966 solved the problem with the masks in video rendering, so now you can zoom even more inside the frame.
3. The yellow frame at the beginning: Didn t you want to make one of Adda s effects? Say, from black and white to color, inside the frame?
Nice show, and a nice place to be.

Mikey - the bird animation

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:03 am

What you shared is exactly how I approached this animation.

There are 7 layers to that slide.

Layer 1 - Gradient oval mask - over bird looking right
Layer 2 - Bird cut out looking right
Layer 3 - Gradient oval mask - over bird looking left
Layer 4 - Bird cut out popping into slide looking left
Layer 5 - Gradient (simple/linear) mask - over the nest png
Layer 6 - Nest image png with hole cut out
Layer 7 - Original, whole image with nest, branches, background, etc.

I complicating things for myself when I decided to zoom in to the nest image a bit. I started tearing my hair out for adding that, but then thought to postpone the bird appearing until the nest came to it's final resting position and made it work after all.

I have to confess, all the sunset/sunrise imges were shot at sunrise the morning after the day we arrived. I didn't have any real sunset pictures and so thought to use images I had taken in the morning in an order that would naturally follow a day of events like you saw there.

I only had a haze filter on my lens. Sometimes I use Elements to apply a soft light gradient to the sky in my landscapes to give them some punch. But I don't think I did it to the last image. I think this can give a similar look as a graduated ND filter? So if done with a filter on the camera lens or done in post processing, either way can work I believe.

Cherub

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 am

Next time I attempt one of those critter head-turns in a show, I will have to try your suggestion about the "0" and see what the 2-3 looks like. In my mind, I can see what you mean in that it probably would look more natural from left to right. Great idea.

The slide where I used Adda's fotoframe technique - the yellow frame over the morning beach image, the rear photo is black and white. The frame surrounds/reveals the colored image. I just opted to color the white frame png which you can only do if you change the white point. I used a -43 and then colorized it with the dropper. There just isn't that much color in that particular sunrise image for the viewer to tell the difference between the two layered pics I suppose.

I guess maybe it wasn't the best choice of image to use that technque. But I've put this show to bed and am choosing not to change it anymore.

Thanks so much for taking your time to view and comment Cherub. :D

Debbie G.

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Great

Postby alcain » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Debbie, I'd say that this is the best yet and not much more needs to be said... except... I wanna go there too! ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:06 pm

Hey Debbie
Loved your show. great photography. Looks like a good lake for skiing on. What camera are you using?

Dave

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:48 pm

I have a Canon 30D. But I'm only so-so at consistantly capturing good images.

For this 2 day get-away, I just used my 17-85 lens.

Thanks for watching.

Debbie G.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:08 pm

"For this 2 day get-away, I just used my 17-85 lens."

Are Canons as bad as Nikons with the lenses ???
No matter which one you have on, you need the OTHER
right now ?? :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:12 pm

Well, I'm getting really spoiled and not liking the 17-85 that much anymore since I bought the 70-200 f/2.8L IS.

In that dinky little place we stayed at, there's no way I could a get decent shot with the 70-200 mm so I didn't bring it.

I really wanted the use the 10-22mm but it didn't come till the next day. I have been enjoying that one but not much opportunity at home to shoot enough interesting images for content in a show I'm afraid. I don't think anyone here wants to see funny distorted cute cat pics do they? LOL

Later this month, we're going to Carmel for a couple of days and I'm going to take it with me to test it out there!

Debbie

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:18 am

I think we are all the same with capturing images. Thats what's great about digital. Shoot shoot and shoot some more.
a good lens helps. You should find the 70-200f2.8L IS takes good images. I have the Nikon equivalent and just love it. I have almost decided to get the 17-55mm f2.8G. A lot of money though-scary.

I have found that the more images I take the greater my "keepers" become. So keep snaping.

God bless
Dave

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback