My Wedding Show

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
cornelljordo

My Wedding Show

Postby cornelljordo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:02 pm

Hi All-
I have been a ProShow (Gold) user for many years but this is my first show with Producer. I read this forum a lot before i started making this show and got a lot of great ideas from all of you. So...thank you! This show is the most important one I've done..b/c it's for my own wedding this Saturday. We'll be showing it on a loop during the cocktail hour on a small TV. It's a bit longer than I usually like (it's about 11 min), but we just couldn't pull out any more pics. I would love to hear feedback from everyone; good, bad or indifferent. Thanks!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2850462&alb=131388
Last edited by cornelljordo on Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

kjohnsenwi

Great treat for your guests!

Postby kjohnsenwi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:11 pm

What a great show! Your guests are going to absolutely love it! In my opinion, you've got a great start in PSP!

A few things I especially liked were the opening effect, your Aly and Jordan title slides (how did you do those, anyway??), your ability to merge and edit the music, and your use but not overuse of effects.

There were a couple things that I would suggest changing...There was one very nice photo of you two all dressed up that you then transitioned to look like a comic strip(?)...I thought it was really pretty ugly. :-) It turned a really nice photo to a not nice one so I wouldn't recommend that, personally. There were several of the photos in the Aly and couple sections that had really severe red eye...it would be worth fixing those. I also felt there were a few too many transitions. You did a good enough job with the effects, photos and music, that I think you can do without quite so many transitions. Finally, there was a section with a lot of party pics that had a white background. Many of the photos were turning in a way that the background showed in the top, bottom or sides just enough to be distracting. I would recommend doing a bit less movement or doing it further zoomed in to eliminate this.

Just some thoughts...I really enjoyed it a lot and loved your engagement photos. I look forward to seeing your wedding montage after you recover from the honeymoon. Best of luck to you both!

Kelly

cornelljordo

Postby cornelljordo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:46 pm

Kelly-
I'm so glad you like it! Thanks for great suggestions. I hadn't even really noticed the red eye--which i just fixed. I also eliminated the white space in a lot of the photos and cut down on a few transitions. Great touch up tips!

Lucky for me, my finance is a clothing designer, so she is a whiz at Adobe Illustrator. For the title slides of each of our sections -- i cut out the photos of us in Photoshop, and she used Illustrator to bend the words around the photos. I saw that effect in a Mark Ridout show and really loved it. I am big fan of using many songs throughout a show and changing music every 45-60 seconds. I think that it makes the shows much more interesting. I use Acoustica audio mixer to do the audio editing.

Once we get back from our honeymoon and find ourselves bored with no wedding planning to keep us busy--we will definitely put together a show with our weddings pics. I'll be sure to post it here.

Best Wishes

Postby ivalirene » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:13 pm

Just wanted to send congratulations and Best Wishes to you both.

I also loved that wrap around lettering and also the cut out figures at the closing. Wow, you're fast...already have made those suggested changes! I agree about the transitions.

I'm sure the show will be a big hit. Have a wonderful wedding day.

Irene

Congratulations!

Postby jeanc » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:20 pm

Wishing you both many years of happiness. What a lovely couple and what a spectacular show! Will be looking forward to seeing your wedding show. You both have such talent.

Smiles,
Jean

Postby czali » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:52 am

I think it might be too late to make this suggestion but why not play it at the rehearsal dinner. After people eat you can play the show and they can really enjoy your story.

Colleen

cornelljordo

Postby cornelljordo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:05 am

Colleen-
Good suggestion about the rehearsal dinner...but we are actually not having one which is why we opted to show during the cocktail hr.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback