Captions in shows

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Captions in shows

Postby alcain » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi folks, there has been a lot of debate about captions in shows. I just posted a show called Peace on Earth with no captions - the words to the music say it all.

Here is a re-post of a show I did a while back that relies heavily on captions to make the show work...

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2620&alb=0

Captions are like anything else we use in proshow - a tool that can be used, over-used, or not used at all.

Disclaimer: This show does have reference to Christian values and images. If you are easily offended by such material, you may wish to consider not viewing, and not posting comments.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Good Show

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Hello Al,
Missed the show yesterday but found it today. Wonderful show, a good example of how captions can be used. Your right about the music in Peace on Earth. To me the words do say it all. Thanks for posting these shows for me to see.

Best regards,
Douglas

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:14 pm

I am glad I got to see this one. I guess I was not a member when you posted it the first time. I would have remembered it. Nice work!

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby debngar » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:42 pm

I liked this one the first time you posted it.

There have been some past ProShow contest winning shows that are also examples of how the right amount of text elements can help pull a show together. I have also seen some where it was overused though IMHO.

Debbie

lisco

Postby lisco » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:07 pm

Al-

I had never seen that before. I enjoyed it very much.

Tlhanks,

Scott

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback