Maddy's 1st Year

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Maddy's 1st Year

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:35 pm

I created this video for a friend and would like to know your opinions.

Here is the link:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8455&alb=0

Kelly

sail978

Postby sail978 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:07 am

I'm sure they'll love the show.

The one thing that I would say is that 'In My Daughter's Eyes' is a very strong, emotional song (I have a daughter). I think the show would be more effective if you kept the effects out during that song and just had photos of Maddy with slight pans and zooms showing how she has grown during the first months of her life and the happiness she has brought to her family.

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:40 pm

Sail978,

Thank you for your feedback. I will definately review my show and keep your comments in mind. I can see that when you have a strong emotional song, less is more when it comes to showing the pictures.

Thanks, again, for your comments.

Kelly

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Nicely Done

Postby alcain » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:17 pm

Kelly, I think this one is a keeper just the way it is. The only small thing I dare to mention is the flash effect photos - they are ok, but if you can shorten the time of the white flash to about 1/2, I think it would be more natural. I am glad you had a female vocalist as well as a male vocalist to represent mommy and daddy in this show. I enjoyed this refreshing change of pace greatly. Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:39 pm

Al,

Thanks for reviewing my show. I think you are right regarding the white flash slides and will review the timing on them. I never really thought about female and male vocalists in the songs (I chose the songs because of the words), but now that you brought it up, I can see where it is nice to have one of each.

This is why I like having a place to post my shows and to get feedback on them. You learn to look at your show from another person's perspective when you hear their feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Kelly

kjohnsenwi

Another perspective

Postby kjohnsenwi » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi, Kelly.

I enjoyed the show. I love "In My Daughter's Eyes" and also did a show using that song for my daughter's 2nd year last year. I'm attaching a link if you'd like to see it just to get some ideas.? I kind of agree that that song is so powerful that some of the effects seemed too much so maybe you could work with the words a bit more. It was very good, though and I'm sure your friend will love it!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=102807

Kelly

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:05 pm

Kelly,

What a beautiful show (and a beautiful girl). I can see what you are talking about. I liked the slow fades, and you had some pictures that really went well with the song (like your daughter's hand wrapping around a single finger). I also liked the wording and how it was done in the beginning. I am going to review my show and incorporate some of the comments that I have received here on the forum.

Thank you so much for sharing your show and for showing me another way to present my friend's pictures. I truly appreciate it.

Kelly

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:15 pm

I liked it very much, but I do agree the flashes have a problem. Otherwise,
a great show - one that will be fun to look back on years from now. (I do
recognize the funny grin and eye shot -- usually means time to change the
diapers :lol: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:11 pm

Mikey, I am glad you liked the show. I am going to fix that problem tonight.

Thanks for watching and posting your comments. I truly appreciate it.

Kelly

Postby deni-liz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:08 am

I'm new to this forum and the world of slideshows. I absolutely love what you have done! I think it's perfect! Thank you for sharing. I would love to know how you made the announcement come out of the envelope and how you added the darling backgrounds. If you could point me in the right direction or share any info/resources with me I would be so greatful. Thanks again for sharing...Deni-Liz

woody1

Postby woody1 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:34 am

Very nice show Kelly, I enjoy it. Can you tell me how you did the effect with the background in black and with and a frame over a part of the backgrond in color.
Thanks

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Deni-Liz,

Thank you for taking the time to view my show and for your kind comments. I purchased some of my backgrounds and baby announcement opening from www.choicebackgrounds.com. They have a lot of different effects that you can purchase and add to your shows. It gives your shows that personal touch. I was truly happy with their product and their site was very easy to use.

Kelly

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Woody1,

I am glad you liked the show. I believe the picture you are talking about is the white frame mask that moves across a black and white photo and whatever area that is within the white frame is in color and whatever is outside the white frame is in black and white. If this is the slide you are inquiring about, I have posted the link where you can dowload the template.

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... ames#21234

Thanks, again, for watching my show.

Kelly

Postby deni-liz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Wow! Thanks Kelly! Who knew there were resources like that?? Do you know if there are similar sites where I can purchase photo frames, keyframe templates, etc? I really appreciate your advice...I hope I can proficient at this soon...its so much fun! Thanks again...Deni

Postby deni-liz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi! Just noticed I left out an entire word in my last post. Sorry...I meant I cant wait to get proficient! I would like to know if you got the keyframes of the photos from Mexico (or somewhere tropical) from a site or if you created that yourself? Its fantastic! I just cant stop watching the show...so touching! Thanks for any info you may have to share...Deni

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback