New Show - 2006 Holiday in Portugal

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
FionaO

New Show - 2006 Holiday in Portugal

Postby FionaO » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:43 am

Having finally put the family album behind me I am trying to catch up on last year's holiday before this year's rolls around
This is one part of a series of shows from Northern Portugal, you may see more!
Struggled quite a lot with this one so would be interested in comments and suggestions.

Cheers
Fiona

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6761&alb=0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:59 pm

Fiona

Lots of nice photos .......... just my opinion here, but since a lot of them are of buildings and landscapes, I feel the two shots with the man in it seems out of place with the rest. Also, I think the carousel photos went on too long. But again, that's just my opinion ......

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby cherub » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:21 am

Your pictures are very beautiful Fiona, and the effects that you chose to apply are nicely done and add a lot. I liked your introduction and the carousel.
I also liked all the pans and zooms, and I'm not one of those who will tell you that they were too much.
On the other hand I did not like the frame. I think that you should stick with one format throughout the show, and that is full screen. If you think that panning and zooming will tire the eye, then just put a still image once in a while. But stick to the full screen.
Just an opinion, of course.

sail978

Postby sail978 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:17 am

Your photos are beautiful. I don't think you needed any of the 'effects' (puzzle and carousel) or frame you did. It takes away from the show rather than enhancing it. If the man in the photos is someone you know, then I don't think there's any problem with him being in a couple of photos - it's a vacation memory.

hallz

Postby hallz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:49 am

Thought it was a great show.

The subject matter isnt really my cup of tea but the way it was presented kept me enthralled to the end. The music complemented the show very well also.

Craig

FionaO

Postby FionaO » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:45 pm

Thanks all for your feedback, sorry its taken me a while to respond been travelling with work. Its interesting that all of the various comments are around the areas I was struggling with. I never can decide whether to leave people in or out of this kind of show, actually I usually end up having two shows, one for the outside world and one for the family. I also struggle with framing, not framing or mixing. Anyway it seems I'm not alone.

Thanks again, you all gave me food for thought

Cheers
Fiona

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback