School Days - part 2 or variation on a theme

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Postby fiona » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:06 am

Debbie,

What an interesting experiment - your way is much more obvious and before I've never really seen the difference; thank you :D . I'm going to experiment with your caption suggestions too (I should be packing for our holiday tomorrow but just 'sneeked a peek' on here and, half-an-hour later ...!)

BTW, I only removed the caption but left 'Shine' which was timed in with the music.

Anyway, packing calls :? .

Fiona

Postby czali » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:13 am

Fiona,

Liked it, very well done! One thing, on the first frame with three photos of the children, the middle child moves down and the edge of the photo shows through. I do not know if anyone has mentioned it. Also, I would probably end with a photo of the children.

Colleen

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:48 am

If you want to see examples of what I was talking about regarding the caption, you can view it at the very beginning of my Big Sur show or even Bassi Falls. No need to view the entire shows if you don't want but the effect I was speaking of is in the first slide or so of each.

Big Sur
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6066&alb=0

Bassi Falls
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4807&alb=0

Looking forward to seeing your future shows.

Debbie

Postby fiona » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:11 pm

Thanks, Colleen - yes, I did notice that middle 'bleed' & fixed it (I'll change the on-line version when I've a minute) & I got a picture of the whole class with their year 6 teacher on the final day so I'll finish with that in the show copies I give to the children.

Debbie, I checked out your samples so I see exactly what you mean. (Excellent work, by the way. I love the music tracks you chose which perfectly match your photos. And you've inspired me to include additional audit (something I've wondered about doing but never got aroung to experimenting with). The bird song and sounds of the sea/running water are extremely effective and powerful. I can't wait to get back from the holiday & try this; how sad is that? :roll: )).

I also checked out your main page & hadn't connected you with the 'Portrait Triple Mask Tutorial which inspired me to try the triple effect a few months ago (thank you!). In my naievity, I didn't keep the link at the time, so had to get there by a different route to you, but I'm going back to try out your method as soon as I can. I've kept your user-id too: I want to watch your shows properly.

Fiona

sail978

Postby sail978 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:17 pm

Really nice show. It's too bad about those jerks. It must be very fustrating.

I would only suggest that you might want to add the school or class and most importantly the year in your introduction. It's easy to remember these things now but years from now it isn't as easy. You may even want to add captions describing some of the events. Again, it's helpful when viewing years from now.

Postby fiona » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:51 pm

sail978 wrote:I would only suggest that you might want to add the school or class and most importantly the year in your introduction. It's easy to remember these things now but years from now it isn't as easy.

Good thinking - another idea that fleetingly entered my (increasingly vacant) head a while back and left just as quickly. I'll definately do it :D .

As for the jerks, it is frustrating, but I'm determined to work out the cause & fix it.

Regards,

Fiona

Jerking...

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:12 pm

I think it was Dan that suggested some things that MIGHT help - try adjusting slider of smoothing feature and also sometimes it helps to try other choices of motion styles in the motion window.

If you are moving an image from point A to B to C and you are doing it with a linear motion style, the image moves the same speed start to finish. When it arrives at the points (B) for instance, it may behave like an old "pong" video game bouncing from B to C. But changing the motion style to decelerate at appropriate key frames can fix that.

I have had an extra key frame sneak in sometimes by an accidental double click in the wrong place and potentially make an image behave the way I didn't want. This can happen if buttons are on auto when they should have been on manual or vice versa.

I have found I can accidentally change the wrong key frame in the right image or change the right key frame but in the wrong image or change something in the wrong slide if that/those images are duped next to each other in succeeding slides. (Hope that makes sense.) :shock:

Debbie G.

Postby fiona » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:30 pm

Debbie - thanks very much for taking such time on this for me, it's much appreciated. I'm pretty inexperienced in the 'key-framing' department and I think it is very likely that I've brought in some rogue action without being aware of it; then copied the slides for re-use and duplicated the problem. When I get back in a week's time, I intend to sit down & try to really analyse what I've done or start again from scratch. Hopefully, that will help and I'll be forced to face Key-Framing head-on (and maybe understand it better in the process).

Best wishes,

Fiona

alaskaninexile

Postby alaskaninexile » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:00 am

Debbie,
Have been using PSG for about a year and never realized there were two different blend options until your reply to Fiona - am glad Fiona asked the question and that you provided such a clear answer; your suggested experiment which I tried was a great way to see the difference. Thanks.
Alaskan in Exile

alaskaninexile

Postby alaskaninexile » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:08 am

Hi Fiona,
Noticed that you had just reached 50 posts. Given that milestone, you might be interested in the 'Avatars' disucussion at the 'Odds & Ends' forum under the Miscellaneous headinng.
AIE

Great show!!

Postby dtpitts » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm

Fiona,

I LOVED your show, thanks for sharing!
Can you please tell me how you did the three pics at the beginning of the show with the kids... would that be a templete??? It is driving me crazy!!! I have not used either mask or templetes so I am somewhat at a loss.... Still learning!!!

Any help will be appreciated!!

Teresa
:)

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback