The Neighbors Cactus - More D40 Photos

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
ProShow Hall of Fame

The Neighbors Cactus - More D40 Photos

Postby hardsoftware » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:17 pm

My neighbor has a cactus and I took my Nikon D40 and shot some hand held photos of it. I did not use a tripod but perhaps I should have...if I ever get one that is. Show is short, and to the point....get it :^) I didn't want to get too close, too prickly for me. Enjoy!

I do not know what kind of Cactus it is so don't ask :lol:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0242&alb=0
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby jeanc » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi Ben,
I loved your show AND I WANT a D40, too. Just have to wait awhile longer. :(

What awesome photos and what music is that? I loved it. The show was captivating for me. Never been much of a cactus person, but I didn't really know how beautiful they are. Thanks to you I now see it....

Really liked the ant or ants, too. What detail ... really nice.

And I liked your ending.

Great job!

Smiles,
Jean

Postby newtcruiser » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:59 pm

GREAT SHOW! Beautiful pictures and I also loved the music. You guys are really making me want one of these D40s now. I would also love to be able to have a cactus like that,. .. . .. but don't think it would like the rain here too much!!!!!!!

Linda :lol:

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:06 pm

Hey Ben -- don't know how I missed this one (I love cactus).
Good show and excellent pictures !

I liked how you did the "END" on the last slide - going to
have to experiment with that (what font is that ??)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Davesconnect

Postby Davesconnect » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:24 pm

Great show Ben and pics. The nikon does an excellent job.
I see what you mean by not wanting to get to close. Don't have any plants like that down here.
Dave

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:43 am

Thanks Dave, Cactus can be a literal pain in the you know what :lol: Just glad it is in the neighbors yard and not mine. This particular species grow tall and spread readily if not kept in check.

Mikey, the font is named Lagavulin. It doesn't seem to be available on the web. I have used this font many times on other shows and have been asked where I got it. My answer was that it was in the Proshow list of fonts as one of the many choices. Almost every time someone will write back that they do not have it and want to know where I got it..To be honest I have no idea where it came from. Probably is a remnent of some other application or editor that I have used in the past. I first used it in my MUSHROOM CANOPY show last year.

For the End Credit in Neighbors Cactus I simply used a white dropshadow against the black background to give it depth and used an image of mine with fill frame scaling and 82% zoom instead of a gradient to fill the text with color.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

fstop

Postby fstop » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:06 am

Ben, I enjoyed your show. I have had a D40 for a couple of months now. I'm stilling learning the bells and whistles.

Steve

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback