THE LOST HERO

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: THE LOST HERO

Postby fortemac » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Oh, I loved this. It's just wonderful just as it is!

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 am

Ben,

Why don't you post this on Vimeo or YouTube so that more people can see it?

Postby PhotoMill » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Ben,

What a stunning tribute to your Uncle ! I would never change a single thing with this show. A masterpiece as it is and is also something that should be shown especially on the U.S. Remembrance Day. In showing this tribute to my wife, who is the family genealogist, she made me aware of one of my Canadian relatives who faced the same task with the same ill fate. Now, you have inspired me to do as you have done. Many thanks for sharing this with all of us !! You have honoured your Uncle proud !

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:15 am

Thank you Steve, Betty, Deb, fortemac, JBD, for watching and also those of you that re-watched? this show.

Ben,

Why don't you post this on Vimeo or YouTube so that more people can see it?

JBD asks why I don't put it up on vimeo, or U-Tube...and the answer is simple really. Copyright. At the time I made the show I had no clue about copyright or how it applies to either music and or photos. I made the show using my uncles medals, and photos. However, the music I used was from composer James Horner and his score from Apollo 13. At the time I was making these shows for family, and the only reason it is online at all is because Photodex gave us a Gallery to upload to, so I did, along with a few other shows made with Horners music. Still doesn't make it right, and I suppose I should take them down, but my Photodex Gallery is where they will stay for now.

Now, I just didn't slap this music track to the show and let it flow, I used the musical cues within the score to emphasize certain aspects of the story I was trying to tell, or mood I was trying to portray. It turned out good I think. BUT because I did use copyrighted music I will never put it on Vimeo, U-Tube, MeTube or any other kind of tube except the tube at my house ;) Even if I did they would promptly tell me to take it down, or blank out the music. So, I don't even bother. It will stay here sort of hidden away in my ProShow Gallery available to this forum along with a couple of other similar shows made the same way using Horners music.

One of those shows was My Colorized Roots using music from Horners Titanic score. Back when photodex used to have monthly slideshow contests I took this show, made a few changes, and substituted Horners music with my brothers electronic piano playing. I renamed the show to A Time For Us and entered it into Proshows monthly slide show contest (which no longer exists), and actually won for that month back in 2007.

Lately though I've not made many shows like those, but when I do make a slideshow I use either Royalty free music, or my brothers music when I can find a piece that I can work with that is. Anyway, that is the story as to why you will not see the show on utube/vimeo. Thanks again ProShowEnthusiasts for viewing, or re-viewing the lost hero.
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby debngar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:27 am

I've probably said this before, but for what it's worth Ben, I miss your story telling. I'm thankful we have the Photodex site to go back to view your shows and experience them with the music that was matched to them.

After I've worked on a show that has a good/memorable story, once I match it to music I find it really hard to go back and change it to something else. It seems to be forever married to the images and story for me. When I happen to hear the music later, I get a quick mental picture/reminder of the slideshow to which it was paired. :)

Most of my animal/pet related slideshows don't have much of a story. I've heard music I've used in them on TV commercials or shows and recall that one of my slideshows was matched to it, but have more trouble remembering to which show it was matched. :roll: For most of those shows, I wouldn't be so hard pressed to replace the music with something similar.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback