Switch to mobile style

Wildlife in Kenya

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Wildlife in Kenya

Postby Jeep » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:33 am

Here is an old show remastered in UHD format 4096 x 2160.
I have converted my RAW files in JPEG2000 (a lossless format) as to keep the maximum quality. Each photo in ProShow has a weight of 20 to 24 Mb.
This show will be soon converted in DCP format (d-Cinema) with voice-overs.

Have fun in Africa

If you have difficulties to display it correctly, you may download it to your computer with a right click on the link then "Save as ...."
According to your Internet connection, the show may start after a few seconds, so be patient or use the alternate way above.

http://www.breizhbleu.com/Atelier/Africa-2K.mp4
Last edited by Jeep on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Re: Wildlife in Kenya

Postby Mokummer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Jeep, that is a very interesting production and well done too!

There must have been a fair amount of time used to convert RAW files, correct them a made this terrific 4K show.

How did you manage the photography with 3 lenses; the animals don't pose for you till you're ready.

Nice photography too; all I can say is thank you for posting!! :D

Bill

Postby Jeep » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi Bill,
Thank you for comments.

1- I use Paint.net (freeware) to adjust and convert all my RAW pictures into JPEG2000. This format is said "lossless", this means that it keeps all the data found in the RAW as is. This is important in the process of rendering because ProShow will treat neat photos with all their components during this process. I know that some people will say that it's oversized but this show, for example, could be casted on a very large screen in a theater without jaggies. On a wide TV screen, the effect of sharpness will be amazing.
2- No animals pose in the bush unless they are sleeping and in that case we have time to adjust the shoot. Most of time I was with the 100-400 mm lens which covers most of the shoots because animals are very often very near from the car. They use to see vehicles turning around them and they are not agressive. All adults have seen thousands of cars near them since their birth and they know there is no danger with humans so we can approach them (say 5 or 6 meters).
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby bob walden » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:33 am

Excellent show and photography. One question. Jpeg2000 is a lossless format. The advantage of jpegs is file size reduction. What do you find are the advantages of jpeg2000 instead of just using tiff files and having the advantage of layers?

Bob W.

Postby Jeep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi Bob,

The advantage of using a lossless format is to keep all the information of a picture before the rendering of the software. If we use traditional JPEGs, we have yet lost a lot of information before import and the rendering will alter a little more this loss. I do not need TIFF which are much more heavy and do not bring more quality.

I generally use Custom Video File outputs with MPEG-4 as choice and Constant Rate Factor of 10 which gives a very few compressed file then a very high quality. If I chose worse parameters, there will be no need to have JPEG2000 files.
Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Postby Yanis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:21 pm

Greetings Jeep,

That was incredible!!! I was hooked as soon as the first note of your slideshow started. The combination of your photos and the soundtrack was amazing. Definitely less is more. The fact that you did not use a lot of effects drew me even more to watch. Hats off to you Jeep.

Peace.

Yanis :D

Postby Yanis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Greetings Jeep,

That was incredible!!! I was hooked as soon as the first note of your slideshow started. The combination of your photos and the soundtrack was amazing. Definitely less is more. The fact that you did not use a lot of effects drew me even more to watch. Hats off to you Jeep.

Peace.

Postby Yanis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Greetings Jeep,

Peace.

Postby Yanis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Greetings Jeep,

Peace.

Postby Yanis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Jeep wrote:Here is an old show remastered in UHD format 4096 x 2160.
I have converted my RAW files in JPEG2000 (a lossless format) as to keep the maximum quality. Each photo in ProShow has a weight of 20 to 24 Mb.
This show will be soon converted in DCP format (d-Cinema) with voice-overs.

Have fun in Africa

If you have difficulties to display it correctly, you may download it to your computer with a right click on the link then "Save as ...."
According to your Internet connection, the show may start after a few seconds, so be patient or use the alternate way above.

http://www.breizhbleu.com/Atelier/Africa-4K.mp4

Greetings Jeep,

Peace.

P.S.
Somehow I could not post a reply and had to using the quote reply method.

Postby Yanis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Oh my...I am so sorry for the multiple replies! I was getting an error after clicking submit so I thought my reply was not being posted.

My apologies. I was not spamming.

Peace.

Yanis :oops:

Postby Jeep » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:32 pm

Thank you Yanis for your kind comments.
Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Postby Glyn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:10 pm

"The webpage cannot be found" :-(

Postby PhotoMill » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:02 am

I am getting the 404 error as well.

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby Jeep » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:37 am

Ok the link is now OK
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback