Switch to full style
Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Post a reply

One Spring Day

Mon May 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi Everyone, the photography club I belong to has everyone do a short (max 4 minute) slide show at the end of the year showcasing some of each members photography. My contribution this year is from a model shoot I did in mid April. It is just under 4 minutes, doesn't contain anything offensive. This slide show is more about showcasing your photography and not really slideshow skills. I tried to keep it simple. Thanks for watching. Sandra

https://vimeo.com/218552608

Re: One Spring Day

Mon May 22, 2017 9:35 pm

Sandra.

This is another show demonstrating your artistic skills. What is the history of this ruin? Nice graffiti too.
Keeping it simple "I don't know about this show"! If it is about photography Sandra, I'm sorry; to many experimental shots
for my liking with fuzzy images. I've got the feeling this show was rushed.
Your talent is still there!! :D
Greetings.

Bill

Tue May 23, 2017 8:21 am

Thanks for watching Bill. First rule to remember "know your audience". I had a feeling that the subject material would be a bit to experimental, but I decided to chance it. I tried to find info about the old abandoned building but so far no luck. I have tried to find info on the graffiti tags but haven't come up with anything yet. Will post if I do. The images shouldn't be fuzzy at all, they are tack sharp on my screens. I have watched on my laptop as well. The images took over a month to process, and the show is by no means rushed. Guess it is just a "miss" with this crowd. I am glad I posted here though as I don't think I will show it to my photo club. I am really proud of this work, but it is specific to a certain audience. Once again thanks for watching Bill!

Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 am

I loved it Sandra. I wish I had your talent.
No fuzzy images and you have to experiment to learn!!!

Tue May 23, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks JBD. Worried me about the images being blurry. I am okay if people don't like the experimental nature of the images, as long as they are sharp, lol! It is hard when you venture into new territory. I know that people like my water images best, but I want to continue to push myself to grow. I agree 100%. If you don't try, and try, and try you will never improve! But it is nice to have positive to balance. I appreciate that people watch and post their comments, good or bad. It is good to look at your work through other peoples eyes. So please everyone, let me know what you think either way. Only way to get better. Sandra

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:07 pm

I like it.

Mysterious, made even more so by an excellent music selection.

I liked the background you used, and I too like to have a small white border on the photo edges. However, instead of using the outline setting, I prefer using the vignette settings because it creates a sharp corner insteaded of the rounded one you get with the outline. Small difference I know, but being an engineer, I notice these kind of things. Drives my wife crazy.

In short, good photo selection and music. Well done.

Cliff

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Sandra -

Very nice show. No out of focus shots (in fact, all were pin-sharp). The sparse music arrangement, the music and show tempos, transitions and backgrounds were fine for me. Were all the transitions from the Photodex library?

The story behind the ruins is a non-starter in my mind--you were there to capture the model's reactions to her outfits and the surroundings. I think you did so very well!

I'd not hesitate to submit this wonderful show to your photography club! Please keep 'em coming!

- Dean A.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:19 am

Thank you Dean A. for taking the time to watch, and too leave me a comment. All the transitions were from the Photodex library. I ended up showing it too my photoclub and the responses were favorable. They all said they are used to my stuff being different anyhow, lol! Thank you for your support and encouragement. Sandra

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:22 am

Dear Cliff, thank you for watching and commenting. It really helps, whether good or bad, to get feedback. Of course I prefer the good, but the bad helps us to grow as showmakers. Thank you for your suggestions on the vignette setting, I will try it next time I make a show. You are so right, it is the little details that make a cohesive polished show. Thanks again. Sandra

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:11 pm

Nice work Sandra! The photos appeared quite sharp on my pc, and your transitions are so silky smooth. That last photo is absolutely stunning!

ginger

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks so much Ginger. I did truly have fun on this shoot. I tried lots of new things, really let my creativity free rein. Hope I get the chance to do more. S
Post a reply