Autumn Woodlands

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Autumn Woodlands

Postby shaw » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:34 pm

This 8 minute show, depicts this autumn in all its glory in woodlands near my home. Photos were taken in the last 3 months, often on frosty mornings. I took most of my photos directly into the light. I purposely choose a slow pace for my shows.

I wood really appreciate some of your comments, especially with regard to the photography.

The link is-

http://www.photodex.com/share/shaw/bp44wmg4

Re: Autumn Woodlands

Postby heckydog » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:06 pm

I thought the photography was quite good. I'm guessing a lot of it was done during the "golden hour" where you get that nice color and long shadows.

The music went well with the slow pace which is what you were trying to accomplish. I also liked that you used special effects sparingly, and let the photos speak for themselves. For example, it would have been easy to use the "black and white to color" effect a lot but I believe I only saw it once because that was the best place for it.

The only thing that I might have done a bit differently was with the circle and diamond transitions. They seemed to be in sharp contrast to the softness of the images and music. I might have softened the edges of those shapes so they blended a bit better with the scenery.

Nicely done,

Joe

Postby shaw » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:47 am

Hi Joe,
Thank you for your helpful comments on my show. I agree with you that I would be better to use softer transitions. This would be more in keeping with the slow pace, which I wanted.
I am pleased that you enjoyed my photography.
Cheers, Michael Shaw.

Postby Wally Mohr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:27 am

Michael-------as a retired pastor, I appreciated the devotional quality of the video. Being in the "autumn of life" myself, the video gave dignity and fulfillment to this stage of nature and to this stage of life. Thank you!

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback